cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christiantf

New GoTo Issues

For an unknown reason, I was forced to install the new GoTo App over the old Windows application during a multiple day meeting. 

I now use it for 4 hours, and have the following issues with the new app. Hopefully I can find the old Windows application to get back the known features.

Issues I had:

- The performance is awful. Every click takes a second or two, even the button animations are extremly slow. The laptop I use is state-of-the-art. so the software is extremly slow.

- The remote control is not working anymore. In my meeting, I am co-moderator and sometimes click or paint on the PowerPoint presentation of the moderator. It is not working at all, with enabled remote control. Nothing happens at the presenter.

- I have two screens and with the old Windows application, I had the presentation full-screen on one monitor, and attendees, cameras and chat on the other screen. it is not possible to undock the windows from the main screen. Either I see all on one screen and cannot read the presentation screen anymore, or I have to hide everything, and cannot see the attendees and the chat. This is pointless at all.

- I  don't find the planned meetings anymore. They were located in the pop-up on the tray icon ("My meetings").

- Again, the performance is horrible. 

Any idea of the link to install the old Windows application?

Thanks

Christian

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: New GoTo Issues

Hi @christiantf,

You can switch back to the classic GoTo Meeting app to host and join meetings.

1. Sign in to your account at https://global.gotomeeting.com.
  2. Select the Settings icon in the left menu.
  3. Select GoTo App, then disable Use the new GoTo.
  4. The next time you join or host a meeting, you will be launched in the classic GoTo Meeting desktop app or browser.

If you host or attend any more meetings in the new GoTo App please use the built-in reporting tool the data it captures for us helps identify issues.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
vokac
Visitor

vokac
Visitor

Replied to the wrong person, sorry.

I have that disabled, and can get the client to give me control.

But I am unable to actually take control, started about a week ago.