cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janet Cline

New GoTo update removed the pause button for screen sharing?

Is it true the pause button for screen sharing has been removed in the latest update?   Or, am I just missing it? 

Pausing a shared screen is a VITAL part of online demos, trainings, etc.   Why would this feature have been removed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: New GoTo update removed the pause button for screen sharing?

Hi @Chris_Day 

The team is working on feature parity and my understanding is we will be adding the ability to pause screen sharing and drawing tools to the new GoTo App 'soon' (which I read as December or January).

We very much appreciate customers trying the new GoTo App and giving us feedback about it.  If a feature you need is not available in the new GoTo App yet you can always switch back to the current GoToMeeting v10 in the Settings page of your account. I am looking forward to feature parity being reached as there are a few cool new features in the GoTo App that do not exist in GoToMeeting v10.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Janet Cline 

Pausing screen sharing is has not been added to the new GoToMeeting yet, but you can switch back to the older version until it is. Just sign into your account on the website and on the side select Settings > GoTo App to switch back.

Chris_Day

Hi GlennD,

Is there any timeframe, or roadmap to have this pause functionality in the new GoToMeeting application at all?

Thanks

Chris

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Chris_Day 

The team is working on feature parity and my understanding is we will be adding the ability to pause screen sharing and drawing tools to the new GoTo App 'soon' (which I read as December or January).

We very much appreciate customers trying the new GoTo App and giving us feedback about it.  If a feature you need is not available in the new GoTo App yet you can always switch back to the current GoToMeeting v10 in the Settings page of your account. I am looking forward to feature parity being reached as there are a few cool new features in the GoTo App that do not exist in GoToMeeting v10.

j_cohen
Visitor

I'm looking for the pause screen sharing feature as well.  I'm unable to find any setting that allows me to utilize v10 of the app in order to have that feature.  Is that setting still an option?  If so, can you direct me where to find that setting?  Thanks!

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@j_cohen  

1. Sign in to your account at https://global.gotomeeting.com.
  2. Select Settings in the left toolbar then GoTo App.
  3. Uncheck Use the new GoTo.

If these options are not available then your Administrator may have restricted the ability.  

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!