cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToPep
Active Contributor

new GoTo app, drawing tools are missing??

Where are the drawing tools in the new GoTo app for windows? (GoTo 0.300.2 3.31.0). 

I find the following completely unacceptable:

• new features appearing without notice: example the hand raise/emojis, change to settings screen etc..
  • old features disappearing - example: drawing tools
  • zero communication to paying customers about any of this, only mention I have seen was about "rebranding" to GoTo with little details.
  • allowing multiple apps to operate with different feature sets (old orange flower GTM vs. new GoTo and even desktop app vs. web app with changes like the inability to zoom on shared screen content in the web version)

it all leads to major confusion for your paying customers and attendees, it needs to be resolved quickly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Hand Raising

@TWOSK Currently only the active presenter on the desktop app can use drawing tools, but our team is working on improvements to the feature. We will update the Community once we know more. Presenters also have the ability to pause the screen, this video explains how

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: new GoTo app, drawing tools are missing??

Welcome to the Community @ToPep thanks for checking us out and for your feedback on the new GoTo app.

The GoTo meeting App has been available since March 2022, in early access so GoTo Meeting customers could have the opportunity to try it out and give us feedback. We kept GoTo Meeting classic available so you could switch back. For all things about GoTo Meeting in the GoTo App, please check out this user guide for a extensive look at all the features. How to use GoTo Meeting drawing tools, which are still available, can be found there. Let me know if you have any questions. 

If you have more feedback around uses and features, please let us know. As new features are added to the GoTo App experience, there will be in product announcements. 

ToPep
Active Contributor

What happened to the drawing tools? We gained some features, but seemed to lose more than we gained.

ToPep
Active Contributor

Re: new GoTo app, drawing tools are missing??

hmm thank you for that link, I don't see that button for drawing tools at all... but I will at least have something to investigate now and maybe figure out. Appreciate it!

TWOSK
Active Contributor

Hi, did you get the answer?
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @TWOSK this is an older thread, and things may have changed. What question where you looking to get answered? 

TWOSK
Active Contributor

Dear @KateG ,

Ir seems that attendees can not draw, nor can I pause the meeting in 2023-05-09 as well. I was trying to find an older app, but I couldn't. I set in my settings not to use the newer version, but it still forces to install newer versions. All that and more 😕

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@TWOSK Currently only the active presenter on the desktop app can use drawing tools, but our team is working on improvements to the feature. We will update the Community once we know more. Presenters also have the ability to pause the screen, this video explains how

kreesbso

Writing Tools

I have used GTM for over 10 years and attendees having access to drawing tools while they are not the presenter is REALLY IMPORTANT to me as an online elementary teacher. Not having the tools available as they were in Classic GTM is going to negatively impact my student participation in the GTM Session. This feature also set GTM apart from other services we could choose to use like Zoom, WebEx, etc.  

Parents and students consistently gave positive  feedback about the use of drawing tools.   

alyshamorlan

Drawing Tools

With the new version of GTM I am no longer able to give all my students drawing tools to draw on my screen at the same time. This was a vital feature when teaching class sessions.