Support key feild allows cursor to not be at the beginning when clicked into

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to propose a feature request for the support key field on fastsupport.com. Currently this field allows a user to put their cursor anywhere in the 9 empty spaces. Many times, as a support agent, I work with customers who get really confused that they can't enter in the last 1 or 2 numbers of the support key that I give them. I have to explain that there is probably white space before the first number that they should delete. I would like this field to have the cursor placed at the very beginning of it when a user clicks into it, no matter where it is clicked. Thanks.

support-key-field.jpg

6 Comments
JVH
Active Contributor

I agree.   This is extremely helpful for those technology challenged individuals that we spend most of our time supporting.   🙂   They just don't understand leading spaces.

Kaz111
Active Contributor

Agree!  This has been an issue with my clients as well. 

medwds
Active Contributor

I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed yet. Some users also get confused by the dashes being there in the first place, so my suggestion would be to just remove the dashes and have an empty text box, solving two problems in one.

Kaz111
Active Contributor

Been a very long time user of GoToAssist and this has been an issue from Day 1 for me. Although I communicate to clients to "click at the very beginning of the support key file", this is not always performed. The connection process for clients could certainly be more streamlined.

FYI, I use GoToAssist 4.8 build 1702. For those on V5, is this also an issue?

medwds
Active Contributor

I'm talking about the field on the fastsupport.com website, as shown in the screenshot in the opening post, so it's independent of the GoToAssist version.

Kaz111
Active Contributor

@medwds, yes on fastsupport.com as where I direct my clients.  I have a habit of mentioning the desktop version I use as I generate the support key from it.