cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmtc
New Contributor

4.1 build 1544 - keyboard issues

We have reported 3 times by phone and email but no one could give us a solution:

Keyborad entering just 'aaaaa' to any key we press on the keyboard on a remote connection.

Keyboard also stops to respond after some minutes, needs to reconnect.

Problem persists when using Apple Remote Desktop. t does not mater the OS X version, happening to nearly 45 sites with OS X 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12

All issue sstarted to happen since the decomission of build 1351.

10 REPLIES 10
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: 4.1 build 1544 - keyboard issues

Hi,

I apologize for the frustration. We use standard APIs to directly inject keyboard and mouse events into the remote systems, we do not use a driver that pretends to be actual hardware. Some virtual machine software and RDP attempt to interact with the keyboard in a way that can cause issues. We have filed numerous bug reports with Microsoft and other vendors already but, I would recommend you doing the same to help get it noticed. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
cmtc
New Contributor

A few days before 1351 was decomissioned, we did some upgrades to 1544 and found out the issue.

Your collegue in the support team asked us to downgrade to 1351 and issue was gone.

Now, it does not even ask us to downgrade and, by default, it updates all sites to 1544 and from there we cannot support remotely anymore due to no keyboard response.

We are using Team Viewer as a backup remote tool and it works with no problem. 

We may end up swapping all sites to Team Viewer and cancelling the subscription with GoToAssist, unfortunately.

cmtc
New Contributor

A few days before 1351 was decomissioned, we did some upgrades to 1544 and found out the issue.

Your collegue in the support team asked us to downgrade to 1351 and issue was gone.

Now, it does not even ask us to downgrade and, by default, it updates all sites to 1544 and from there we cannot support remotely anymore due to no keyboard response.

We are using Team Viewer as a backup remote tool and it works with no problem. 

We may end up swapping all sites to Team Viewer and cancelling the subscription with GoToAssist, unfortunately.

MoisiePants
Active Contributor

Hello:

Yes - same here. Had stuck with an older version in order to keep keyboard input working - but was then force-upgraded to a broken version.

We use standard APIs to directly inject keyboard and mouse events into the remote systems, we do not use a driver that pretends to be actual hardware.

Whatever way you do it is currently broken. It used to work on a previous version, and then you broke it again and forced us onto the broken version.

joelb
New Contributor

We're having the same issue.  Very frustrating.   Will have to look for another product and leave Logmein and GotoAssist behind.  Please let me know if there's any work around or help in sight?

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @joelb,

I have asked the team to check for any changes made between the older builds and the most recent release, that may be causing this issue. Can you please provide details about when specifically you experience this issue? What applications are you using when it happens? 

MoisiePants
Active Contributor

Can you please provide details about when specifically you experience this issue? What applications are you using when it happens? 

Hello again Glenn:

I've already provided details here: https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToAssist-Remote-Support/Mac-Keyboard-Mapping-Again/m-p/192453/hig...

I also have problems at the login screen on a Mac who's only other remote control connection is Remote Management (but with no active sesson open).

This was reported and fixed a few years back. It's so frustrating that this issue keeps coming up and is a MAJOR impediment to work.

Pants.

MoisiePants
Active Contributor

@glenn wrote:
Can you please provide details about when specifically you experience this issue? What applications are you using when it happens? 

It's just happened to me again: I was using G2A to set up G2A Unattended on a client's Mac - and I couldn't name the remote machine in G2A Unattended setup as I was wanting to.

Does this stuff get tested on Macs at all?... Smiley Mad

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

wrote: 

It's just happened to me again: I was using G2A to set up G2A Unattended on a client's Mac - and I couldn't name the remote machine in G2A Unattended setup as I was wanting to.

Does this stuff get tested on Macs at all?... Smiley Mad

So you were in an Attended session with your client and then you went to www.fastsupport.com/unattended or downloaded the Unattended installer from your account?

You ran the setup and when it came to entering the nickname you couldn't enter any text at all, or what you typed was not what was entered?