cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bnorman
New Contributor

Blinking screens at remote login

Hello

When I log into my office screens at home they begin to blink.  I have two screens at work (one being a 3D stereo viewing screen) with the same size and resolutions but different refresh rates (119Hz for 3D screen and 60Hz for the normal screen).  At home I also have two screens but with different sizes (I believe one is 20" the other 23"...at work right now so I can't check).   I need to have one work screen on one home screen and the other work screen on the other home screen.  At home I have tried different resolutions for both screens and either get both screens blinking or one screen steady on.  The only way to view both work screens is to set them to appear on one home screen.   This is not workable since I need to view detail graphics.  My actual home screen are not affected. 

Any thoughts on how to allow me to reproduce my work screen view at home?

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Blinking screens at remote login

@bnorman  Can you specify the exact resolutions set for both the Home and Work displays?

Did this just start happening, or have you previously been able to mimic the multiple displays at the remote location?

bnorman
New Contributor

Hi. 

My office monitor resolutions are 720 x 480 (2D) and 1920 x 1080 (3D stereo).

My home monitor resolutions are 1360 x 768 and 1920 x 1080 (both set at recommended resolution)

It's been an ongoing problem from the time I added a second screen at home.  

Björn

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Those resolution ratios seem to match pretty well there.  Are you able to change the refresh rates on the displays at all ?

bnorman
New Contributor

Under 'Advance display setting" the refresh rate is greyed out and I cannot change it.  I will talk to my IT guy at work on Monday to see if he has any idea.  Thanks for your great suggestions.  I may have to get your help again. 

Björn