cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Se O Connor
New Contributor

Cannot access 2 PC's created from tha same image

I have 3 PC's, created from the same image, each has been sysprep'd afterwards. However Go To assist thinks all 3 are the same PC. Ie Only 1 can be seen in the list of unattended PC's at the same time. This did not happen with WinXP
4 REPLIES 4
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Re: Cannot access 2 PC's created from tha same image

I would reseal the image before you capture it. Also would not include the unattended installer on it and deploy it as a post install task.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

When you set up Unattended Support a unique ID is created for that computer that we use to identify it. If you then image that system and copy it to a new computer the same unique ID is also copied over and confuses our system.

You will need to create a new system image that has not had Unattended Support set up on it, then install Unattended Support on the computers after.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
overcloker55
New Contributor

hi, i know this is an old post but could you tell us where this "key" is stored so it can be manually deleted so I don't have to start from scratch creating a new image. My plan is to un-install GTA and delete the "key" from the main image, run sysprep again and re-deploy. 

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @overcloker55 

Please review this more current support article: Why isn't the PC I cloned with GoToAssist installed showing up?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!