cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaz111
Active Contributor

Difficult to resize GTAE 3.0 Build 1185 Expert window

With the release of the new GTAE 3.0 Build 1185 Expert software, I am finding it difficult to grab the edges of the window for resizing.  The only edge that appears normal is the bottom right corner. It appears to be that the programmers did not provide enough border on the window to make it easier to find the edges.  Compared to Word, Excel, Outlook, and other programs, I find myself taking some time to slowly approach the GTAE window edge so I can find it for resize.  It is very easy to pass through it if not careful.

I resize often during my sessions as I look up info on my side or when taking notes. I am seeing this on my Win 8.1 and Win 7 computers, different graphics cards and different resolutions.

Am I the only one seeing this issue?
16 REPLIES 16
Kaz111
Active Contributor

Re: Difficult to resize GTAE 3.0 Build 1185 Expert window

I am now back on Version: 2.7 Build 1092There is a considerably larger border all the way around making it much easier to grab for resizing.  It is very easy to see. 

Unfortunate to have to say, but poor execution on release of 3.0, build 1185.   Poor color section, bugs, not leveraging what was working in previous versions, lack of proper testing before release, lack of obtaining customer feedback before making major interface changes, etc.  Typical GTAE release process - push changes on a major release and firefight for a while to repair the bugs and nuisance issues.  Fortunately, there is a path to downgrade to a working version.
Daniel Schlieck
Active Contributor

Same problem here: the border of the window is only 1 pixel in width, so it is very hard to resize. That should be fixed.
Kaz111
Active Contributor

Glenn and Amber,

Do you know if Engineering has visibility on this issue and submitted a change request for the next build?  Do I need formally call this in?

Thanks
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Kaz,

I have not seen any mention of this specific issue regarding the new UI outside of this topic, so I doubt there are any plans to change this currently. I would suggest providing this feedback through the End Session and Provide Feedback option, mean while I will share this with the team as well.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Kaz111
Active Contributor

Thanks Glenn.  Please at least spend a few min. yourself comparing Version: 2.7 Build 1092 to the latest build and you will easily see the difference in the new border width.  It is much smaller and one has to be too precise to grab it properly in the latest version.  I am always resizing during my sessions for various reasons.  Yes, while working on a second monitor would help, this is not always possible when I am out of the office with my laptop only.  There has been a definite change for the worse in the new version.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

I actually started up a session yesterday as soon as I read your comment and definitely see what you are talking about. I forwarded this to the team and will be bringing it up in the next meeting. 
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Kaz111
Active Contributor

Thank you kind Sir!  I have to question who sits in on design reviews, how many are tasked to actually use and test the software, and what team is tasked to run through all the changes line item by line item comparing them to the previous revision(s) before something is released.  This is such a silly change that has such a big impact on one's experience with the use of the program compared to previous revisions.  Perhaps my expectations are easier said than done, but I am the end user of the product.
Kaz111
Active Contributor

LogMeIn, has this been repaired? I am not seeing it in these release notes: https://blog.gotoassist.com/gotoassis...
Kaz111
Active Contributor

Glenn/Ash, may I please obtain an update whether this was repaired or when it will be repaired? Thanks.