cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kameleon
New Contributor

How to prevent GotoAssist from auto update (portal setting does not work)

We use GotoAssist 4.8 build 1692.

Since we do not want that client computers update GotoAssist we have persisted 4.8 build 1692 in the portal. We install GotoAssist with the given installer from the portal. In most cases, the client computers does not perform an update.

Sometimes it occurs that GotoAssist still performs an update (to 4.8 build 1702). Especially just after its first installation, but we have also seen that this happens later. Why? How can we prevent that client computers never performs an update?

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Re: How to prevent GotoAssist from auto update (portal setting does not work)

@kameleon   Have you already tested this with GoToAssist V5 yet?  I'm not sure how much longer we will have support for V4, so we would be interested to see if the new version works correctly for existing users. 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
kameleon
New Contributor

We are not really able to use V5 and I did not try it. The issue is that we have several devices which  currently uses V4 and which are not able to update since write protected system disk. Basically since the write protection we fixed a certain build in the portal. Updating to a new release is not easy, because the systems are located over the world.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

In that case you may follow the guide here to set a version preference for your unattended machines:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-remote-support/help/about-infrequent-updates-g2ars090080 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
kameleon
New Contributor

@AshC : as I tried to explain in my original question, sorry this setting does not work always (and which is confirmed today in my telephone call of today with Support)

Unfortunately it is not possible to set a build preferance for version 5.