cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian2111
New Contributor

Issue with Windows 10 and dual monitors.

When I am remoting in to Windows 10 laptops with dual monitors and I click in a spot and on the the users side I am clicking about 2-3 inches away from where I actually clicked. My cursor is not matching on the end user side.  Is this issue with GoToAssist? Will this be fixed?
4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Issue with Windows 10 and dual monitors.

Hi Brian,

Do you know what screen resolution and scaling settings these laptops have? I suspect the issue is due to the scaling level being higher than 100%

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
jvrichardson
New Contributor

We've had this issue for months as well. The laptops have 1920x1080 resolution, but the laptop monitor is not a problem. It's always the external monitor, which could be any resolution. Sometimes it helps to do custom scaling, and sometimes it doesn't. Either way, we have to have the user play with the resolution and custom scaling settings every time we remote in in order to try and get it to work for the techs. Most of the time, I end up using alt+space+M to just move their windows over to the primary monitor. 

We are using HP Probooks, and either the G3 or G4 series with Windows 10 are affected, whether using a docking station or not. If those same laptops have Windows 7, everything is fine. Windows 10 desktops with dual monitors do not have this issue. 

We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, ensuring it's not a general Windows driver but the driver from the manufacturer, and setting LogMeIn to "match resolution". No change.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi JV,

Sorry for the ongoing troubles there.

What happens when you take the affected laptops out of their docking station? 

Could you specify what dock and monitor connection are used?

jvrichardson
New Contributor

As I stated:

"We are using HP Probooks, and either the G3 or G4 series with Windows 10 are affected, whether using a docking station or not."

All the affected laptops use different monitors.  Examples would be the Samsung S22C300,  Lenovo L1940pwD, or ASUS VN247.

The one user that does use a docking station has identical ASUS monitors attached to the docking station. The monitor that is set as primary is unaffected, but the secondary monitor displays the issue despite being set at the same resolution. This one does not use the laptop screen itself at all.

The other users do not have docking stations at all, and here again, the secondary monitor is the only one that is affected. These dual monitors are always set to extend.