cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jon311
New Contributor

Unattended 3.4 on OSX 10.12.6 keeps prompting for permissions

Goto Unattended on OSX 10.12.x will keep prompting for permissions on a parental controlled account. If we hit always allow and put in the admin creds it will just ask again instantly in a loop.
6 REPLIES 6
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Unattended 3.4 on OSX 10.12.6 keeps prompting for permissions

Hi Jon,
Sorry for the difficulty there.
I would suggest reinstalling GoToAssist on the problem PC by first saving the client file, and then running that file with full administrative rights.

Jon311
New Contributor

I have done that a few times, I did it as admin and I also tried to install it on the user account by putting in the admin prompt. If I hit allow once it works for that session but after a logging out and back in I'm back to the same issue. 
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

If this is only affecting one user or one PC, then it could have something to do with the user's account restrictions.  Have you tried installing Unattended Support there instead?

Jon311
New Contributor

We have the account setup to restrict user access and in the past before 3.4 we would install on the admin side then login to the User and allow access then be on our way. Now with 3.4 we get the constant permission loop unless I use the 2.8 version but after a reboot it will update to 3.4 and break again.
Kevin Holm
New Contributor

We are having this issue on all of our Apple/Mac computers since the latest 3.4 version was automatically pushed out.  We cannot connect to approx. 100 machines using GTA, for over 2 months now. This is ridiculous. We cannot connect because a non-admin user does not have the ability to allow the Unattended access of the application. We have submitted a ticket but haven't received any positive information about a resolution.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @Jon311 @Kevin Holm,

I wanted to let you know that we have a new release planned for Monday December 4th that includes a fix for this issue. Only customers set to Regular and Beta updates will get it by default. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!