cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul51
New Contributor

When I log into an unattended support session with an existing client, the screen is black

In the past week, the existing unattended support client's computer is black when I log in.  Their computer says I have keyboard and mouse control but I can't see or do anything.  They claim nothing on their end has changed but I'm guessing they applied an update.  
6 REPLIES 6
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: When I log into an unattended support session with an existing client, the screen is black

Hi Paul,
Since the problem began have you been able to reboot the affected client or re-install the GoToAssist Unattended Support software on their side?

Paul51
New Contributor

Re: When I log into an unattended support session with an existing client, the screen is black

I have not yet.  I'll have to try that.
Paul51
New Contributor

Thanks, Ash, I'll have them do that and try again.
Andrew211
New Contributor

I've had this same issue with attended sessions - I usually end up going to the menu > screen sharing > stop sharing and then again back to it menu > screen sharing > share screen and it loads up after that.
Ben Spalding
New Contributor

we have the same problem.  only one PC.  windows 10.  vmware.  we can see the mouse.  we can login.....but basically a black screen.  we can RDP to the client - and open a VMware console on the PC. but gotoassist is black.  we tried the stop/start of screen sharing and that did not make a difference.
Ben Spalding
New Contributor

Upgrading to vmtools v1o fixed the problem