cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

12 Hour Clock

Our Service Desk is recording all times in a 24 hour clock format. How can I change it to12 hour clock?
3 REPLIES 3
New Contributor

Re: 12 Hour Clock

I don't think you can.  I asked that question a while back and was told their wasn't a time format option.
New Contributor

Re: 12 Hour Clock

The 24-hour notation removes the ambiguity associated with am/pm usage and also makes it easier to express time across time zones.
The only thing going for the am/pm notation is that is logical to use it with analog clocks.
But those clocks have been in a decline for a long time now. Digital clocks are better since its faster to read the minutes as a number.
Most people already have switched from wearing watches to using their smartphones for time telling. That means there is no longer a point for am/pm, other than tradition.
Analog clocks have an ability that digital clocks lack. They use a distance scale to represent time. Whereas a person reading a digital clock must parse the individual numbers and potentially perform some mental calculations to determine the answer to questions like "has a half-hour passed yet" with an analog clock you can just look at the relative position of the hands and get your question answered more intuitively.
visit: custom essay writing service
Active Contributor

Please can we have a 24 hour option like all other platforms. Unheard of these daysRe: 12 Hour Clock

@Jan21 wrote:
I don't think you can.  I asked that question a while back and was told their wasn't a time format option.

Tags (2)