cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rock Creek Solu
Active Contributor

Allow Multiple Customers to Be Assigned the Same Incident

Often (especially with service requests), the incident will directly impact more than one customer. In addition, several of our incidents involve a team at a customer location -- so that the incident needs to be distributed to all of the team members as it progresses to conclusion.

I would like to see the ability to add multiple-customers (especially from the same company) to a ticket -- not just by attaching them as "Affected Items" -- but truly adding them as Customers to the ticket. In this manner, when I update the ticket or resolve the ticket, each customer would be notified of the response or resolution. In addition, if I have the restriction that customer's can only view their own tickets, then this would permit these "multiple-customer" tickets to be more widely viewed.
13 REPLIES 13
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Allow Multiple Customers to Be Assigned the Same Incident

This is something that is definitely on the product roadmap (no ETA at this stage). We're planning to add the ability to add multiple customers against an incident, as well as whole companies and all customers of a service.

This will allow you to quickly communicate things such as P1 incidents, and avoid duplication of incidents where customers are having the same issue.

In the meantime, what you can do is, turn on "External CC" under Admin > Account Wide Settings. This will allow you to add external email addresses to the watchlist

Hope this helps in the meantime! 🙂
Rock Creek Solu
Active Contributor

Very nice. At least it is a start (I thought it only applied to non-customers).
crindalyn

Any update on this feature request? Said it was on the roadmap 1 year ago with no ETA, but curious if there's an ETA now?
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

We're still tracking this as a feature request at this stage and it still doesn't have an ETA. The interim solution of using External CCs is still recommended.
Mark Parenti
Active Contributor

Has there been any update since the above update?  The External CC works for now, but remembering e-mail addresses and not being able to differentiate between the watchlist and the customer is a hassle.
rob111
Active Contributor

Any further update on this feature request?
Chris Andre

Hi is there any update on this?
Kirsty Prabucki

Hi, is there any progress on this feature as adding more than one customer to an incident I think is essential.  Many of the calls we receive may come from one customer but affect two or three.
Thank you. Kirsty
Bcshay
Active Contributor

According to ITIL that's called problem management. Have you tried using it in the service desk?