cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rock Creek Solu
Active Contributor

Allow for Email Blasts to All Customers in a Company

At one of the companies I am working with, there will be a network switchover that will affect all customers. Currently, I can post a message to the Customers that will show up on their message section on the support portal, however, that pre-supposes that people actually log in to check the messages rather than just following their own specific incidents.

I could also send a mass-email of my own to the Customers in the Company, however, that is a serious pain.

What I would like is a feature that would allow me to email Blast the message to all Customers (or a subset if that is possible) in the Company informing them of the upcoming change, what it means to them, when it will be, etc.

Communicating that in advance will substantially cut down on the nuisance calls that will inevitably occur when the change comes about.

I have found that more informed my customers are in advance, the happier they are. Since Service Desk makes me happy, I just want to share the joy.

As for those who are concerned about spamming, the fact is that Customers of Service Desk specifically have opted in for notifications from the service. Spam is not an issue in this scenario.
5 REPLIES 5
Rock Creek Solu
Active Contributor

Re: Allow for Email Blasts to All Customers in a Company

UPDATE --

I notice that this feature exists for knowledge base articles. When a knowledge base article is created and published for a company, there is an option to notify customers. I presume (although I have not tested this) that customers receive emails indicating that the article was published. Perhaps someone could clarify as to whether this occurs.

If this is the case, then it would appear that the engine or code is in place to extend this concept to a message that is "Blasted" to all customers of the company.
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

Totally agree this is a good idea, and one we have also seen a few times in the past.

As mentioned in another idea, we do have the ability to add multiple customers to incidents, and while this will allow you inform customers of major issues it feels like the wrong place to announce any upcoming changes to a service, adding similar functionality to Messages would be the appropriate place for this.

The "Notify Customers" functionality that is already in Knowledge Articles only applies to customers who have subscribed to the Knowledge Article's watchlist via the Portal.
Rock Creek Solu
Active Contributor

I would love to know how to add multiple customers to a single incident.
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

Our workaround at the moment to add multiple customers to an incident, is to turn on "External CC" under Admin > Account Wide Settings. This will allow you to add external email addresses to the watchlist

Hope this helps 🙂
Maurice11

Do you have an easy way to select the appropriate e-mail addresses? Customers/companies that have access to a service would immediately qualify, but there is no easy way to get those out of the system.