cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joshua Davidson
Active Contributor

Bug? Tab now ignoring custom field (updated tickets only)

Something has changed with this recent update that affects the way tab functions on ticket updates only (not new tickets).

We have one custom field next to "category" on our tickets, named "department". When updating a ticket, I used to use the mouse to select the "category" field and type the first three letters of the desired category, then press tab which will swap to the "department" custom field, then type the first few letters to match the appropriate department, then press tab which will take me to the symptom field where I will finish entering the ticket.

For instance to update a ticket for the accounting department, in the hardware category, for monitor issues I previously:
1.) Open the ticket
2.) Click category field
3.) Type: har (which matches to hardware), press tab which switches to department field, type acc (which matches to accounting), press tab which switches to symptom, type the symptom

Overall this is a very rapid process.

With the most recent update, this process no longer works for updated tickets. Now when I open a ticket and click on category, type "har" which matches to hardware, and press tab it ignores the custom field and goes straight to symptom.

Tab does not ignore this field on a new ticket, only when updating a ticket that doesn't have a category and department (which happens all the time because we have tickets regularly entered via email that never have category and department set).

This is very easily reproducible by following the steps above so long as you have a custom field in your ticket.