cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nate Runge

Re: Customer participation in Change/Release Management

ITIL describes the use of Change Advisory Boards typically populated by non-it personnel.

In order to align properly with the ITIL framework it would make sense to allow for the creation of CAB's as logical objects in GTA.

I would argue that the participation of an employee in a CAB is the extension of ITIL into the business no different than allowing a user to report an incident and therefore should not need to be tied to a licensed account.

But when it comes to GTA so much of the ITIL framework has been watered down to make the product more palatable perhaps strict alignment isn't the goal.
JoelM1

Hi Luke, has there been any progress in the last 2 years that this popular customer request has been open to allow customers to be notified of changes?
JWJ

I actually brought this up in a call I recived from Citrix Qualituy Assurance?  The possible "solution" was to BUY a pool of 5 license keys that can be "shared" within the company.  Putting aside the fact that the "solution" is still to purchase more licensees, the license is unrestricted, users can see everything a Technician can. The other problem is the release of the license key back into the pool  once one person was done with it; if someone forgets to log out (actually click on log out) it holds that license to that user.  Another issue is that when users that participated in this send us an email to our support mailbox, because they are setup in Service Desk, the incident is automatically assigned to them, our real IT team never sees these emails in the queue.

Needless to say the requirement is still there and unresolved.
Roger Lee

We are a hosting company and would like to add our customers as an approver to their changes. Buying a user license for each customer is cost prohibitive. Any other suggestions? Frankly, I am surprised more folks do not need this functionality. I would think even an internal IT department would want change approval from a business owner that understands the business impact of the change.
brennand
New Contributor

Has there been any development on this - when can notifications got to the customer?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@brennand  While this exact functionality doesn't exist, you do have the ability to link a Change to Incidents so that Customers can still comment / receive updates that link within the SD side for you to see.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
brennand
New Contributor

thanks for responding - it's pretty disappointing that it's still not a feature for what I would have thought is a pretty common requirement that business users are included in the change/release requests.

Anyway hopefully it might become a feature soon.

I have created a link between the incident and the release - how do they update each other? How does the customer see the updates - not clear to me how it works...any help appreciated...

Thanks

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@brennand  The customer cannot 'see' the incident itself, so you have to manually update it when changes are made.

brennand
New Contributor

I thought when I updated a comment in the Release Management that it would also update the Incident and therefore update the customer - but it hasn't - effectively it's a total standalone module - very disappointing.

Is there any update on when the customer communication might be linked to the Release Management/Change Management function?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@brennand  While I do not have any updates around this enhancement, we would typically place those notes on the support site:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-service-desk/help/whats-new-g2asd110008