cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charles_VB
Active Contributor

Emailed ticket creation and portal view

When customers without portal access create a ticket using email, their tickets are not viewable in the portal for our customer's admin to see. I ran several tests to verify that not being a portal user prevents emailed tickets from being viewed in the portal.

Is there a way to automatically add emailed tickets to the customer portal? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charles_VB
Active Contributor

Re: Emailed ticket creation and portal view

Thanks for the reply. The customer emailed the ticket in so it was linked to the customer already but the ticket had no option to check a box to add the ticket to the portal. I guess that makes sense because the user does not have portal access, but that kept the company admin from seeing the ticket. I ran several tests and verified that unless the person emailing a request in has portal access, their tickets are not seen in the portal. I added all of the employees to have standard portal access to fix my problem. 

The company "operations officer" does not want employees to have portal access even though I explained that with standard access, they can only see their incidents and no others. I'm going to make sure your suggestion

"You can set Show in Portal to check by default if you go to Configure > Services > Service Name > Incidents > Default Selections" is set and I'll experiment again with a no portal access customer creating an incident by email to see if it now shows in the portal.

Thanks again,

Charles

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Charles,

The Incident has to be linked to a Customer (can't be blank or linked to unknown) and  Show in Portal must be checked.  You can set Show in Portal to check by default if you go to Configure > Services > Service Name > Incidents > Default Selections.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Charles_VB
Active Contributor

Thanks for the reply. The customer emailed the ticket in so it was linked to the customer already but the ticket had no option to check a box to add the ticket to the portal. I guess that makes sense because the user does not have portal access, but that kept the company admin from seeing the ticket. I ran several tests and verified that unless the person emailing a request in has portal access, their tickets are not seen in the portal. I added all of the employees to have standard portal access to fix my problem. 

The company "operations officer" does not want employees to have portal access even though I explained that with standard access, they can only see their incidents and no others. I'm going to make sure your suggestion

"You can set Show in Portal to check by default if you go to Configure > Services > Service Name > Incidents > Default Selections" is set and I'll experiment again with a no portal access customer creating an incident by email to see if it now shows in the portal.

Thanks again,

Charles

judelear

@ AshC wrote:

Hi Charles,

The Incident has to be linked to a Customer (can't be blank or linked to unknown) and  Show in Portal must be checked.  You can set Show in Portal to check by default if you go to Configure > Services > Service Name > Incidents > Default Selections.

Thanks for this - much appreciated!