cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayMan6014
New Contributor

Goto Assist and VDI Machines

Hello,

We have 600+ VDI's we want to install the MSI file on. Now these are floating VDI's which refresh every 12-24 hours so we need to put the MSI in the gold image. The only issue is they machines don't show up in the unattended list. Just the machine for the gold image does. Is there anything we need to do like a registry key or something to delete so each time the VDI is remade it adds it into the unatteneded list?

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Goto Assist and VDI Machines

@JayMan6014  I am afraid that all copies of the Gold would have teh same UUID, which is how we recognize unique clients.  In this scenario, a new install of Unattended Support software on a duplicate would remove the original listing once complete.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
JayMan6014
New Contributor

If that was the case, if I pushed out the MSI to any of the floating VDI's they should all show up as that org. gold image for the name but they don't. I can't run something to erase the UUID that Goto Assist is using so when the image goes out and it does the sysprep it makes picks up the new UUID? Not being able to use this in a VDI system is a huge issue for us. We have 600+ work at home users.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@JayMan6014  I understand your frustration, as there are other users who wish to accomplish the same goals.  If we confirm any workarounds to this problem, we will update the community with new info.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!