cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Narendran Gopal

How to notify customers when an agent reply to their incident?

My customers are not getting an update email when I post any comment on their incident. Without any notification email, they have to keep coming back to check if there is any update by the agents or not.
4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: How to notify customers when an agent reply to their incident?

Hi Naren,
It is definitely possible to set up Service Desk 'Triggers' in order to send an email update if an agent comments on an incident.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Narendran Gopal

Hi Ash,

What I don't understand is that an agent get a notification email every time when there is an update to any incident. But why do we have to setup a trigger to get a notification email to customers when Agent responds?

Thanks
Naren
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Naren,
I'm not sure why it's not a default setting, just mainly that we receive a lot of spam complaints--- so we try not to send too many unneeded communications if possible.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ToddAschenbrenn
New Contributor

Replies from users to incidents

We have GoToAssist set up to create incidents when users send emails to a particular email address.  The incident will have the customer of the person that sent the email and the watchlist will include everyone that was on the email.

When we add comments and check the watchlist, an email is sent to the customer and all the users in the watchlist.  However if someone replies to that email, we only get an update in the incident.   We would like everyone to get the reply from the one user.  Is this possible to do?  Thanks.