cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adam corriveau
New Contributor

Is there an easy way to add multiple customers to a new service?

So far is seems the easiest way to add customers to a service is to go to the customer screen, open the customer, and add them to the service. 

The other is to do it through the service and add customers through the search box. 

Is there an easier way? I only have 133 customers to add but the current options I see are a bit tedious. 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BMTPO
New Contributor

Re: Is there an easy way to add multiple customers to a new service?

Hi

We went through this a couple days ago and received the following from Support...  We've not actually completed this as the new service desk is only going live at the end of the month, however it looks promising!

We hope this email finds you well, we understand that you want to give all customers access to some services and portals.
We wanted to share with you this mass action is now an option for account administrators, on this link you may find information on how to process the actions.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @adam corriveau 

You can upload a CSV file, this support article explains how: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-service-desk/help/manage-customers-g2asd020005.  

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
adam corriveau
New Contributor

From the document you linked:

• Duplicates and Updating Existing Customers: Existing customers are detected with an exact match of their email address – if they already exist, they will be ignored during the import. Also, if there are duplicate customers in the CSV, these are also ignored but messages will be raised.

If I'm understanding this correctly, uploading a CSV with the intent of updating existing customers to add them to a new service doesn't work as the existing customers will be skipped.  I'm not certain if updating via CSV is a solution. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Sandro Summa
Active Contributor

In the article and also in the csv downloaded (the example or from my Service Desk) I don't see any service assigned... so how?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Sandro Summa  As soon as you select the local CSV file, before you upload you should be able to select the services for those clients, and then upload the list.  Sending a notification email is also an option at this time. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Sandro Summa
Active Contributor

Thank you. That's correct.

But we have to return to the original questione, because uploading the *.csv doesn't help in assigning new services to existing users, because the upload skips the users that are already presents.

So: "How is it possibile to assign new created services to existing customers (all or some of them)?"

BMTPO
New Contributor

This would be very useful, we have close on 200 customers and have a new service to add everyone to.  Also, we have at least 2 more support teams requesting services for them, who aren't ready yet to implement yet, but will also need to have all existing customers added to them as well.

All I can say is thank goodness we only have circa 200 customers - what about businesses with 1000's...?

BMTPO
New Contributor

Hi

We went through this a couple days ago and received the following from Support...  We've not actually completed this as the new service desk is only going live at the end of the month, however it looks promising!

We hope this email finds you well, we understand that you want to give all customers access to some services and portals.
We wanted to share with you this mass action is now an option for account administrators, on this link you may find information on how to process the actions.

adam corriveau
New Contributor

Thanks for sharing this!