cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin Ruschman
Active Contributor

Is this product still being updated?

When was the last time there was any advancement to this product? When we purchased and began using this product in our organization we were promised that it was still a very much under development product. I don't think there has been a single change or advancement in the 8 months we've had it. If the product has been abandoned please let us know so we can find alternatives while this one dies.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Is this product still being updated?

Hi,

We have no plans to sunset GoToAssist Service Desk and it is still one of our strong products that is valued within the IT community. We are evaluating the direction of Service Desk to make it more compatible for the needs of IT and are looking at the features and options that you find the most valuable as a service management system for your organization.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Kevin,

I understand why you may feel this way, we did not release any major new features for Service Desk recently but, that does not mean it has been abandoned. In 2016 we had a number of releases that targeted improved stability and security in Service Desk. Across the GoToAssist product line as a whole, there was a lot of work towards unifying the platforms and moving off some of the older systems.

With our recent merger with LogMeIn we have new team members who are getting familiar with the products and the community. They are interested in hearing from you and other Service Desk customers about what you are hoping to see added and how it would benefit your business and the use of Service Desk.

Rather than create a long list of feature requests I'd like to limit it to two questions:   

1. What is your one must-have feature or improvement for Service Desk in 2017?
  2. What one new feature or improvement to Service Desk would delight you? 

Please remember to explain your reasoning behind both.

Kevin Ruschman
Active Contributor

Thanks for the reply Glenn. I understand that many updates are behind the scenes updates and that with the recent merger there would be a "quite" time. However, there has been basically zero communication as to what the future holds. I'm sure you have many responsibilities but even this community forum has lacked official support for quite some time. Don't get me wrong, it is great that you are here and can chime in when you are available, but it has really felt much less official lately.

1. There is no single feature that is needed. What we really need is some level of customization. The product is very good at basic, out of the box functionality, but the fact that I can't even make the slightest adjustment to the customer portal is crazy. I need to be able to add a message, a text box, organize the custom fields, ect. 

2. What would delight me would be a responsive design. If a customer selects option A for a question 1, then question 2 and 3 are presented. 

I really even hesitated to put a #2. We really need customization to be a priority. GTA Service Desk is a GREAT start to a product. But a great start can only last so long, you have to be able to build on your product.

Please do not hesitate to reach out for any further info. We are a software development organization as well and I would love to help in any way possible.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thanks Kevin, I apologize for the community not feeling neglected recently. There are a couple of our support agents that are helping me monitor and respond in our communities now, so I can have some time for some of the more boring tasks. We also haven't had a lot to report for the last few months as the merger was taking place. I'm looking forward to growing community participation in 2017 and introducing you to the new team members.

Mary Forbes
Active Contributor

I would like for the customer on the ticket to have visibility into the tasks.  We recently looked at using the task feature to manage the workflow and for standard implementation projects.  The customer does not have visibility to the task and its status, only an email notification that it was created.  Their update in the portal related to the task is blank.
Mary Forbes
Active Contributor

Being able to customize the customer portal is also at the top of our list. 
D_T_R
New Contributor

Future of Service Desk - is there one?

What is the future of Service Desk?  Posts related to the product are very  scarce if not very old.  So little activity gives me pause and most replies to questions is a typical "not supported" or feature not available.  There are no third-party cloud integrations compared to other similar products – and that is a booming industry and an expected standard feature.  With the acquisition by LogMeIn from Citrix, did this a dead product?

D_T_R
New Contributor

Re: Future of Service Desk - is there one?

Joshua_Horne
New Contributor

@GlennD

Have any of the features Kevin asked for been released in the last year?

If not, what's the timeframe? Also, how are new features and updates communicated?

Joshua_Horne
New Contributor

Re: Future of Service Desk - is there one?

I'm interested as well.