cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jason1111
Active Contributor

Link Service Desk Customer with Remote Support Unattended Computer?

When creating a new incident, and adding the customer, there is the option to start a remote session which creates a new attended session prompting the customer to enter code etc.

Is there any way to link customers to a computer that has unattended support active so the agent can quickly connect without having to enter the support console and manually find the computer? 
8 REPLIES 8
troglotech
Active Contributor

Re: Link Service Desk Customer with Remote Support Unattended Computer?

That would require a customer ID, something the design team has been reluctant to implement from inception on this GoToAssist.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Jason,

This isn't quite possible yet so I'm turning this into an Idea for the teams to review. We're definitely working towards bringing Remote Support and Service Desk integration closer together.
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
jason1111
Active Contributor

Many thanks. Would be a great inclusion. 
gcaparulo
New Contributor

Linking an unattended Remote Support agent to a ticket and/or CI would be hugely beneficial.
Herman Feeler

Has this been addressed or updated?
Thanks.
William Kerns

This feature would be a swing factor in purchasing Service Desk. Has this been implemented?
tobyw7

I've just been looking for this feature but looks like it's not there yet. Would be great to have this.
troglotech
Active Contributor

Customer ID and associated attributes should be associated with each Remote Support end point/unattended computer, not just with specific Service Desk incidents. Regardless of whether I am a COL Remote Support or Service Desk customer, I still need access to some basic information to perform my job effectively, including what is my end user's contact name and how I can communicate with them by phone, email and text. Other less generic but also needed information can be handled with comment boxes and/or user defined fields. Any implementation which does not integrate customer contact information with remote support endpoints will DRIVE ME INTO A SNARLING FRENZY!!!

Please do not let a misguided product differentiation/crippling strategy trump a primary goal of design excellence in every product.Our patience is not limitless. You will thrive by making Remote Support the top competitor in it's class, not by trying to shoehorn your customers into an overpriced, overkill "higher end solution".