cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doonks123
New Contributor

Optusnet and Yahoo

I use Microsoft Outlook to send emails. A lot of people you have a Yahoo address do not seem to get my emails......but they get emails from everyone else without issues. I am with Optusnet. So why is this happening? Is it a problem with Yahoo? Optus? some setting?

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Optusnet and Yahoo

Hi @Doonks123

Email services like Yahoo and Hotmail have a Trusted Senders feature and sometimes they will block email until the sender's email address is added to that list. The email will not even go into the person's spam/junk folder, they just won't be delivered.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Doonks123
New Contributor

Anyone out there with an answer?

JVH
Active Contributor

We had a similar situation with a completely different program. The program in question sends out specialized messages to hundreds of clients based on selection criteria. Clients with a specific email provider (not Yahoo) were not receiving our emails. In our case, that email provider had blacklisted us thinking that we were spammers. We contacted the provider and explained what we are doing, and give them our domain info. they whitelisted us and we've been good ever since. Now in our case, like I say, we might be sending to 100+ people at the same time, I'm not sure that's your situation. But as mentioned by another, Yahoo , Hotmail and others have a trusted sender, if your email address is not in your customer's contact list, they may not come through