cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve Ferry

Replying directly to a ticket

I'm new to using the gotoassist service desk, so this is probably a very simple question:

I enabled email ticket creation for my customers.  They can email hd@ph.org to put in tickets.  Ticket creation works great.  What I haven't found yet is how to directly reply to a ticket.  I've worked with other helpdesk software in the past, and there's always been a "reply" button somewhere on screen when you open the ticket.  You could then reply using the same address that users email their problems to.  But I can't find that for gotoassist service desk.  Is there anything I need to do in order to be able to reply?

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
jason1111
Active Contributor

Re: Replying directly to a ticket

Takes a little getting used to. Anything you type on the add comments box is automatically emailed to the client when you click save.

Actually anything you write in the resolution box is also sent to the client.

Comments you don't wish your client to see can be hidden by checking the box.

I would suggest you add a personal email address and test it out so you can see how things are presented to the client.

Hope that helps
Steve Ferry

Great.  That is very helpful.  Thank you!
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Since outbound email notifications are not documented what you can do is create a sandbox service for testing purposes and document every email notification that is sent from the Service Desk.
Sam Bardling

I need to know how to hook up my phone as a mouse to or for my dell pc