cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeSmithEvDlv
Active Contributor

The Service Desk software does not have an Android native app to compliment the IOS version?

Hello, our organization is currently a Go to Assist Support and Service Desk customer.   More recently Service Desk.

Our entire IT team here is in disbelief that the Service Desk software does not have an Android native app to compliment the IOS app.   After speaking to our account representative and browsing the customer forums it seems clear there is no public reason why after 3 plus years of IOS deployment an android solution is not coming in the wake. ...or at least a mobile device optimized site?

The best and most promising information I have found so far was a reference to an internal initiative that was unifying and modernizing many of the Log Me In and Go To Assist solutions. But what does that mean?  Is there any beta testing going on?

Can anyone official or unoffical offer some insight or reassurances? 

6 REPLIES 6
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: The Service Desk software does not have an Android native app to compliment the IOS version?

Hi Mike,

An Android App for Service Desk is something that has been discussed, and I believe it is on the roadmap. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA for it just yet as plans and development work for Service Desk is still being prioritized. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Kevin Ruschman
Active Contributor

Re: The Service Desk software does not have an Android native app to compliment the IOS version?

Yeah don't get your hopes up. We've been told for 2 years that it's on the roadmap.

MikeSmithEvDlv
Active Contributor

What about mobile site? In theory developing that in an HTML5 flavor would serve both the IOS and Android environments...
GlennD
GoTo Manager

@Kevin Ruschman

I understand the frustration but, we did go through a company merger and restructuring in the middle of those 2 years. A lot of work has been going on around how the GoToAssist and Rescue products will come together and I'm happy to say we're at the stage where you all will start seeing the results.

MikeSmithEvDlv
Active Contributor

@GlennD wrote:

@Kevin Ruschman

I understand the frustration but, we did go through a company merger and restructuring in the middle of those 2 years. A lot of work has been going on around how the GoToAssist and Rescue products will come together and I'm happy to say we're at the stage where you all will start seeing the results.

I am excited to see what your company will be showing us in the short term, got any hints for us?  Smiley Wink

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Let's keep this post focused on the Android App and discussion about the lack of updates/new features in general here: Is this product still being updated?