cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harmel  Deanne

Unsolicited calls

Wow! I just received a call from someone posing as a Microsoft consultant and ask me to to go my computer to enter a code and when I told them that I did not want to do so and hung up. He called several times and started cursing me. He called from the following numbers: 800-642-7676 and 585-296-1580
4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Unsolicited calls

Hi Harmel,

Did they ask you to go to our fastsupport.com website and enter in a 9 digit support session key? If so, do you still have that 9 digit code? We can use that to terminate their account with us.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Harmel  Deanne

I did not write it down.  I started to type it on the box and deleted it once I realized that how he was rushing me to do so.  Then he called me back five times and started cursing me, so I blocked him.
Cynthia S. Wane

I had the same thing happen on August 19 and didn't write down the nine digit code either.  I am concerned about what this scammer can still do now after allowing him to view my computer with the GoToAssist site.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Cynthia, remote support connections are single use, so they would not be able to reconnect to your computer unless you went to the website and entered a new session ID that they provided you.
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training