Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

More manageable size of a meeting recording OR a way to change the option

0 Kudos

More manageable size of a meeting recording OR a way to change the option

I'm using the GoTo app specifically for GoToMeeting, Version 0.124.21.   After select Record in order to record the meeting, the older version of the product would prompt user to convert the recording after closing the meeting.    The new version of the app doesn't prompt and automatically saves the recording.     While the automatic recording and lack of having to convert is nice what is completely unusable is the result of the automatic recording file size.     We record too many meetings to have this result of the size of the file.    For example, I recording a 2 hour meeting with the older GoToMeeting is the file size/type 102,844 KB WMV File.   The new GoTo results in a 1,352,678 KB WEBM File.   Over 10x the file size of the older product.

2 Comments
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

Hi @sandraLB, this guide explains one way of converting a WEBM file to another more compressed format  https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoTo-App/Local-recording-and-converting-the-WebM-files-to-another-f... 

sandraLB
New Contributor

The result is that GoTo has made it more complicated with the new version of the software to manage recordings.   The result of this is that I need to inform all of our staff NOT to upgrade GoToMeeting and stay at older versions of the software.