Currently, the GoTo App does not include a native method for transcoding local recordings from WebM format to another format like MP4. This guide will detail how to use VLC Player (a free and highly regarded media player), to convert your WebM files.
- Download and install VLC Player from their website
- Open VLC Player and click on Media on the toolbar at the top
- Select Convert/Save from the menu
- In the new window that opens select the +Add button displayed on the File Tab
- Locate the WebM file(s) in your Documents folder (where they are saved by the GoTo App by default)
- Once you have selected the files to convert click the Convert/Save button
- To make VLC convert .webm to .mp4, select "Video - H.264 + MP3 (MP4)" in the drop-down list of format profile. Also, you're able to convert .webm to other formats and devices.
- Select the Destination location for where the new files will be saved
- Finally, click the Start button to begin the conversion process
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.
Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!