cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Request keyboard / mouse control in new GoTo app

Request keyboard / mouse control in new GoTo app

I used the new fangled desktop app experience with a customer for the first time today. I was frustrated to find that the ability to request guest screen share and guest mouse control from the contextual menu next to the guest's name was absent. I wasted a lot of time in the meeting as a result! I spoke to tech support who told me this functionality is coming but is not yet available in the new app.

I don't recall this reduced functionality being made clear upfront anywhere and I don't recall being given a warning.

LogMeIn - please make these limitations more clear to avoid frustration and wasted time.

5 Comments
VBasham
Active Contributor

Having the ability to release keyboard and mouse control would be highly beneficial.

I find myself at times needing to take keyboard and mouse control to assist with a task for a short period of time. Then afterwards I have to be careful to not move my mouse over that screen or I risk interrupting what other users are actively working on.

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Accepted

@pmaddern thanks for your idea. We have received this feedback from others. It should be available in the new app experience soon. 

Harriet

I need the ability to give remote control to an attendee who is on the web version of the app. I was told that it is not yet available and there is no estimated timeframe. This is crucial to me to use the app.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Harriet welcome to the Community! I moved your post here, we are aware that our customers are waiting for this feature and will update this thread as soon as it's available. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Delivered

Requesting Remote Control for mouse and keyboard is now available for all!

Please read all about it here