cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Sending files / file sharing during the broadcast

Sending files / file sharing during the broadcast

Frequently, during the meeting we would like to share files to respective team member. It would be nice if Gotomeeting has this feature. Our current workaround is to make someone presenter just to show one file and take control back but it is not the right way,

80 Comments
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Features like file transfer and copy/paste between desktops is on our development road map, but currently improvements to the core meeting features have priority.
Jordan Hume
This seems like a pretty key feature here. Considering your core meeting product is pretty solid I would say adding Copy/Paste should be a much higher priority. Just in here alone you have customers that have left or are considering leaving GTM for a more capable product. For every one or two you read about in here there are probably hundreds not bothering to comment and just leaving. This is a pretty big feature that has been missing for quite a while it seems.

I just started using GoTo Meeting since that is what the company I just started working for has bought. I searched on Google to find out where the copy/paste feature is since I couldn't find it and then I come across this post. As I read down the post I found it stunning that not only was the feature missing, but that the responses from the company seemed to be like "So why is this feature so important, can you give us an example?". I mean, do you really need to ask that? Why is this feature so important? If that isn't obvious and if you need an example, then you may be in the wrong business. I am now having to have a client, who payed our company a big chunk of money, transfer the data I need to a computer that has an email client (we are working on one of his servers, so no email client there) and email it to me. File transfer built in would also be nice since I had to have him do the same thing with an xls file earlier, but lets do one basic feature at a time I guess...
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi Jordan, the reason why I ask for examples is to identify if you are using the appropriate product for your needs. When you say you are working on your client's server, what exactly are you doing?
Kevin James
Glen, the "free" services are not at all secure and would not be allowed (by network restriction) in many companies.
Many other meeting tools offer this functionality (TeamViewer for one), why not yours?
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi Kevin, I agree, if you need enterprise level file sharing I would recommend our Sharefile.com service. In regards to GoToMeeting, file sharing is on the road map and will be added once other work with a higher priority is completed. In TeamViewer's case they were a remote support tool first, so file and file sharing is a core tool for remote support.

GoToMeeting already allows you to share keyboard and mouse control with your attendees so that you can collaborate directly in an application or file during your meeting.
Vlad11
Copying over advanced SQL scripts that are too long to paste in the Chat.
What would you like me to do now?
Jennifer Heltsl
I'm going to be doing the same thing now and not happy about needing to do this via chat window
Henry Arroyo
Call and ask for a feature request. If more people ask for it, their product management team will be more apt to work on getting that feature put into the next update.
Vlad11
Why would calling someone help this situation?
This thread is over a year old.
Still no update from them.
Vlad11
Glenn Dobson,

Any update on this?

Thanks