cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Not getting verification code on email

While sign-in it is asking for verification code but i have checked my email there is not verification code i received.

Please look into this

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Not getting verification code on email

@Hiten1  If your GoToMeeting login is a reall email address, then it is also possible your email provider has blocked the message themselves.  When I checked your Community email address I found that we stopped sending emails on October 7th because of too many failed attempts.  You may try to send the verification email again now, but if your email provider is still blocking access to your inbox then we will eventually stop sending mail there again.

New Contributor

Re: Added security question: Is it really you?

We have a similar problem. By contract, our GoTo accounts are shared by a number of users. I want the ability to turn this verification off within the account. The suggestion that you can turn it off by city doesn't make sense. Our users travel a lot, and I can't possibly tell you where they may be when they aren't in their regular office. 

From a practical standpoint, if you say you can turn it off based on their city, then what is the point of the security. If you turn off the verification code for Chicago, that certainly leaves a lot of opportunity for misuse among all the other potential users/hackers in Chicago.

Please make this setting something the account holder controls.

LogMeIn Contributor

@rwollenberger  Hi there,

I'm afraid we can't exactly whitelist an entire city or local area, but we can do specific IPs.  Regarding your request to disable this functionality, I understand the frustrations involved when sharing an Oragnizer login.  With this security measure however, disabling the threat assessment will not be possible.

One suggestion I have for shared logins is to create a joint email account where you can easily access the security checks and clear any new locations an Organizer may be presenting from.

Active Contributor

Well AshC, you told me earlier in this thread that you can white-list a specific IP, and based on this I marked the thread as Resolved and then contacted Support and asked them to do this, but I was told that they cannot, or will not. I tried to find a way to unflag the post, or flag as unresolved, but that was not possible. Anyway, what you are saying and what Support is saying and offering as help are not in sync.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Dan Keyes  I apologize for the oversight, Dan.

Please click on my name in the Community to direct message me the affected Email & Case #.  I will have someone followup as soon a possible.

MGX
Active Contributor

Annoying: No verification e-mails received

Hi,

For a while now, we haven't been receiving verification emails. We have multiple GoToMeetings accounts that we use for organizing meetings. Some of our team members can still log in without a problem, and for some it only works when they use a specific browser. But a growing group of our members simply cannot login anymore. They get a 'Is it really you?' message and are supposed to enter a verification code. But no emails with the code arrive in the inbox, no matter how many times they try. It doesn't make a difference if they try a different browser, or even try to use the desktop application.

Is there a way we can bypass or disable this annoying feature?

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Annoying: No verification e-mails received

@MGX  Sorry for the trouble with your organization.  As far as I know, this security check should not be specific to a specific web browser, but is definitely specific to locations / IP address'.  

Some suggestions if you continually encounter this problem are:

1. Make the Organizer Email in-box available to all users who share responsibility so they can immediately clear new locations after the RBA security check.
  2. Be sure that the email 'customerservice@s.logmein.com' can send you communictaions, so that they don't end up on a Spam Filter somewhere.
  3. If 1 & 2 are not working for your group, you may also contact Customer Care directly in order to white-list specific locations and/or confirm weather the email spelling has returned too many security emails with errors.
MGX
Active Contributor

@AshC

The same user is able to log in through the Edge, but cannot log in via Chrome, Firefox or even the desktop application of GoToMeeting. Obviously the user is connecting from the same IP, so it seems unexplicable.

LogMeIn Contributor

@MGX  Unless you've got some security plugins there, I don't have a very good answer for why only one browser would work.  Have you tried completely clearing out the cache and old passwords from a problem browser?  Is this user connected to the same network as others in your group?