cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Allow sorting the list of meetings in the MyMeetings window.

I can't find how to sort the list of meetings in the MyMeetings window. Normal expected application behavior would be to allow a user to click on the headings of any column to sort them - this doesn't appear to work (neither Windows nor Mac). When a large number of meeting is present in the MyMeetings list, this becomes a problem. Compounding the problem, the listed meetings in MyMeetings changes order on subsequent launches of GTM and are not sorted in any discernible manner, making it a surprise to locate your desired Meeting each time you launch the app.
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Allow sorting the list of meetings in the MyMeetings window.

Hi Dave,

Scheduled meetings are displayed in the order they are scheduled to happen.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

That may be true for Meetings that have a singularly scheduled date and time, but those meetings marked "Recurring" do not that and, as such, show up listed in "some" order, but it's not alphabetical by name, or Meeting ID or any of the other displayed fields and it is not a consistently recurring or recognizable pattern.
Highlighted
New Contributor

OK, I've been pretty patient for 5 months now and still no response. Is there a) really no way to manage the Meeting list sort order or b) what is the sort order key field that is being used? The response received previously is not correct or accurate. I'm now at v7 of GTM and this feature the app still acts the same way - poorly. I've got a list of 50+ recurring meetings with different names that I make use of and these show up in a random order every time I launch the app, meaning I've got to try to scan through this list to try locate which meeting I need to make use of - very tedious. What's going on and how do I control this?
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Dave,

Recurring Meetings are sorted by the order they were created, with the most recent one being at the top. Below them the scheduled meetings are displayed in or of when they are scheduled to take place.

Highlighted
New Contributor

That might work when you're scheduling meetings that have a date/time, but if you have list of recurring GTM meetings and there is no date or time associated with those GTM meetings, how are they sorted? It is not by either or these methods you describe. For example, I have clients I want to periodically have a GTM with, and I want that GTM session to be private for that client (i.e., I don't want a general purpose GTM session floating around because I don't want uninvited clients barging in on a private session), so I keep around numerous recurring GTM meetings labeled with different clients' names. By doing this, when I want to have a GTM meeting with them, I simply say, "Let's get on the GTM" and they will already have the Meeting ID information and can immediately hop on - meaning I don't need to create a new GTM meeting and send that to them every time I want to meet. Thus, none of my list of 50+ recurring GTM sessions have a date on them. (And, no, they are _not_ ordered by the date they were created - they show up listed in "some" order each time I launch GoToMeeting.)
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Dave,

Those meetings you see in the screen grab were scheduled by me specifically to verify my answer before I posted it. Each new recurring meeting went to the top, and scheduled meetings below sorted in the order they scheduled to be held.

What I would recommend is setting up a recurring meeting with a Password required. Each time you start that meet you would be asked to create a password, so it could be different every time. You then contact your client and say "Hey join my meeting, here's the password."

This way they meeting info is always the same but you can secure the meeting easily with a basic password. Then you won't need to have 50 different recurring meetings.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Glenn,

I appreciate your thoughtful replies.

However, the method you describe, while that is certainly one way to use GTM, would be rather awkward and inconvenient for a team to use, plus it means an inconsistent way of establishing scheduled (especially regularly scheduled) meetings, which is what we're trying to accomplish here.  Under this described use case, there would then only ever be a single Meeting set up (because an account can only ever use a single meeting at a time anyway), thus obviating the need for My Meetings at all.  Plus, every time you have a group meeting, you'd always need to notify everyone externally of "the password", which means you'd need to manage attendee lists (externally) all the time just to notify people of that password to be used and incur the latency of delivering (and receiving) those communications.  Not especially practical.

Fundamentally, I have to ask, why in the world aren't the column headers for the "My Meetings" window clickable/sortable like every other decent application in the world?  GTM is a decent application, so why does it lack this very very very basic functionality?  And, what would it take to put it in place so that this fundamental usability feature is available to the world?

Thanks,
- Dave
Highlighted
New Contributor

Agreed. I can't believe this isn't a basic functionality offered. Most applications allow you to sort by any header of a list.
Highlighted
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Alpha Order "My Meetings".

I like to have a GoTo Meeting "recurring" meeting set-up for each of my clients; however, this makes the list quite long in the "my meetings" section. Can you add the ability to sort the list alphabetically? Thanks!