cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Attendees with telephone not shown in attendee-list

hi,

i'm using goto meeting with the desktop app.

attendees connecting with telephone are not show in the list of meeting members. So i'm not shure, they are in or out or ist there a "invisible" listener in out meeting.

is this a known bug or is there an other solution for this problem?

greetings

gtm.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Attendees with telephone not shown in attendee-list

The name or Phone Caller X or Caller X does not even show on the screen at all. So the advice I just received does not even help me. No name shows under attendees for those calling on the phone:

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @mreldd 

In order to manage unidentified phone callers, you must first enable the feature in your online account.  Once complete you can see and control these participants through the Attendee pane in your Organizer control panel:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/manage-unidentified-callers-desktop-app-g2m090067

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @AshC ,

thanks for your answer.

The problem is not to name an "unknown" caller.

The problem is , that the caller is not visible. Neither in the attend list nor in the pane a caller using a phone is displayed.

So there can be a caller in the videocall and i cannot see him.

So it' a bit risky to have a "spy" in the line or to forget an attendee to greet and to invole in the meeting.

Greetings

mreldd

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Did you follow the instructions to enable the Unidentified Phone Callers function? 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I am having the same problem as mreldd:

• The problem is not to name an "unknown" caller.  The problem is , that the caller is not visible. Neither in the attend list nor in the pane a caller using a phone is displayed.

How  can we make the caller name or phone number visible so we know someone is on the phone? We intend to use this for our board meetings and conference planning meetings, but we need to identify everyone who joins us, even if just by phone. 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@Anon127358   You must enable the Unidentified Caller function before it activates in your live broadcasts:

https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/manage-unidentified-callers-desktop-app-g2m090067

Highlighted
Active Contributor

The name or Phone Caller X or Caller X does not even show on the screen at all. So the advice I just received does not even help me. No name shows under attendees for those calling on the phone:

View solution in original post

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@Anon127358  Are you certain that the functionality is enabled in your online GoToMeeting account?  Do you happen to have a screen shot of where Unidentified Callers is activated?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Where do I go to activate this feature? I was not able to even find this feature. Can you give me instructions?

Also, on a side note, t doesn't even show Phone Caller in the list - it just doesn't show ANY name or wording for those phone callers. For example, we have 5 staff on our phone calls for weekly staff meetings and 2 of them who only use the phone to call in don't even show visually on the list. The only way we know they are on the call is that they say hi. 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

This support article has a visual guide on where to activate the function:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/feature-overview-unidentified-callers-g2m090098 

You must activate the function before you will see any callers listed in your control panel, and this is currently compatible with the desktop app, web app, and Android apps.