cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Option "allow the attendees to start the meeting" not working / appears disabled

Hi AureliaP. We are aiming for beginning of next year.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Option "allow the attendees to start the meeting" not working / appears disabled

Waiting anxiously for this feature.. I don't see it enabled yet.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

This feature is still in Beta and will be out soon.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Allow attendees to start the meeting AND Require a meeting password

I discovered this new feature yesterday thanks to support, but it was not available.  They fixed the account for me so now I can check the box marked Allow attendees to start the meeting but that disables the Require a meeting password.

I don't understand why those two would compete, in fact I think those allowing anyone with a link to start the meeting would want a password more than if the host has to start it.  

I asked support and was told to add a post here as a feature request.  If these two cannot be used together, GoToMeeting is useless for us.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Allow attendees to start the meeting AND Require a meeting password

Hi @vegascoug ,

These two features are not compatible, as attendees are not able to create passwords themselves (this requires the Organizer credentials for several security reasons).  Of course we can always consider this idea for future development, but the way we have our security protocols set currently it won't be possible.

New Contributor

Re: Allow attendees to start the meeting AND Require a meeting password

These two features have nothing to do with each other so being compatible is not an issue.  As the host/moderator/admin I can create a password for the room/meeting.  However when connecting to the meeting with a Polycom system or other device, it would be nice if people could just start the meeting without someone logging into GTM and starting it as the host.  That is not saying that anyone can create a password, but simply anyone can "start" the meeting (even in a room or "meet any time") as long as they do have the password to get in.

It was only a suggestion, I was going to upgrade our account and purchase 9 more licenses, but this was the deal breaker.  As a favor I suggested it here because the sales rep asked me to do so.  You can do whatever you want, but you are behind other providers in this area.  

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Can someone from GTM clarify this for me? Is this the same or different than the "co-organizer" feature? 

In other words, would someone who does not have their own GTM account attend a meeting and start the meeting before the organizer comes online? Or does it have to be an account holder/co-organizer???

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@VermontDreams I apologize for the delay.  The Co-Organizer feature is not related to this functionality, and only allows for 'internal' Co-Orgs to start a meeting without the scheduling Organizer present.

** We continue to finalize testing on the option for Attendees to start meetings without an Organizer, and plan to roll this out to all accounts in the near future. 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Scheduling a Meeting For someone else to run

@ColeofKeokuk  I'm afraid we have not yet implemented the ability for Attendees to start a GoToMeeting without the Organizer, though we have plans to finalize this ability in the near future.  For now, only Organizers listed on the same account as yourself may start a meeting in your stead. 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Does a co-organizer have to have a GTM account?

Hi @VermontDreams  ,

While you can schedule meetings for other Oragnizers on the same account as yourself, in order to start the broadcast without your credentials, we have not yet finalized the ability to start a GoToMeeting as an Attendee.  This feature will hopefully be available in the coming months for all accounts.