cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Cannot delete icon or shortcut in Launchpad

I recently tried to log into a webinar via my safari browser - it was unsuccessful - I now have an icon on my Launchpad screen labelled GoToMeeting v7.19.0 that takes me to:
http://support.citrixonline.com/Meeting/knowledge_articles/000262214

I also have another icon labelled Utilities with Citrix Online Launcher that I also cannot get rid of.

PROBLEM: I cannot remove these Launchpad items by clicking and dragging to the trash can. How do I achieve this please?

There is nothing in my Applications folder (Mac 10.8.5) that is labelled GoToMeeting or Citrix, so clicking and dragging from there is not an option.

Instructions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

KB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Cannot delete icon or shortcut in Launchpad

Hi,

To uninstall the GoToMeeting desktop software from a Mac, you simply need to select the icon and folder in your Applications folder and send them to the Trash. There will be a couple of Preference files lest over but OS X will delete them automatically later, you should not need to manually go into your Library folder. 

You can always join a GoToMeeting using our WebApp in the Chrome browser without installing:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/about-the-web-app-g2m030003

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
4 REPLIES 4
New Contributor

I'm replying to my own question as I've found a solution after 2 hrs of online searching.

For Mac users:
Gain access to Library: Open a finder window - click on the Go menu - click on Go to Folder - type in “~/Library,” without the quotation marks.

In the resultant window you may not see Citrix immediately apparent - search for it in the box on the top right of that window.

Delete the Citrix folder first - this will get rid of 2 things in one go.

THEN the shortcut.

Then empty the trash.

Then breathe a sigh of relief that you now have a little more control over the computer you own.

WARNING: The library folder is hidden for a reason - don't mess about with it!

Dear Citrix,
PLEASE supply an uninstall option - it is only simple courtesy, it will gain you nothing but respect, I feel as though you are trying to force me into retaining unwanted software on my computer.  This may be hard-nosed business practice - but please think again.  I have no time for you at this moment.
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

To uninstall the GoToMeeting desktop software from a Mac, you simply need to select the icon and folder in your Applications folder and send them to the Trash. There will be a couple of Preference files lest over but OS X will delete them automatically later, you should not need to manually go into your Library folder. 

You can always join a GoToMeeting using our WebApp in the Chrome browser without installing:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/about-the-web-app-g2m030003

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Hello Logmein

I have recently uninstalled logmein from my mac (v. 10.13.6) and have manually deleted all the library and preference files - as your recommendation about dragging the logmein icon from the applications folder to Trash is wrong.

I have a remaining issue. When i click on Launcher i see all my read-to-launch apps ....including Logmein. 

Why is this, even though I have followed both the standard and advanced (manual) removal of logmein and its related files ?

Furthermore, when I click the icon, it tries to re-install Logmein .... why is this ?

When I try to remvoe the icon by dragging it to Trash it jumps back onto the launcher

And..... if I click and hold the icon, all the other removable icons show the grey 'X' but Logmein does not 

Can you now please provide an uninstall tool that REMOVES logmein from my mac that acutally works,  instead of re-posting the same old tired how-to links over an over again that just do the same unsuccessful rubbish

Sincerely, KS

New Contributor

Note that the Opener/Launcher uses log files and browser cookies to detect whether it’s already installed on your system to help properly launch you into session, so you will need to complete all of the steps listed below in order to do a completely clean uninstall.

1. Remove the application.

2. Clear the log files: Back in the Finder, go to “Users/<username>/Library/Logs” > Right-click “com.logmein.GoToOpener” and select “Move to trash” (if it appears there).

3. Clear your Trash folder.

4. Delete cookies and locally stored data by following this guide . 

Lastly, you should clear the cached data and cookies from your web browser. Wish it could solve your issue.