cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sidmouth_Mike
New Contributor

Chat Log is empty - 0KB file

The chat log for our last meeting in the evening of  31/03/2021 was saved as usual to my PC but on opening the word file it is empty. This is the first time that this has happened.  I have 50 or so saved chat logs all of various sizes from 1KB to 33KB. This one shows up as 0KB.

For this meeting the chat log was a crucial element as it was supposed to capture information from participants to be passed onto a third party. The absence of content is going to be a huge embarassment. 

Is there a copy held by the system that can be retrieved or is this a fatal error somewhere? The file is is on my PC - it's just empty, so I must presume that it was sent by GtM as an empty file.

It may be a coincidence but as members logged out at the end of the meeting a number of them had difficulty in exiting and their screens froze. When I closed the meeting for everyone it took maybe ten seconds or so to quit while the blue "i'm working on it" wheel went round. Never had that before either.

Can anything be done to retrieve the chat log?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Chat Log is empty - 0KB file

@Sidmouth_Mike  I'm sorry, we don't currently keep a copy of the chat logs ourselves.  Did you have any other attendees who could check their local files for the chats record?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Sidmouth_Mike  I'm sorry, we don't currently keep a copy of the chat logs ourselves.  Did you have any other attendees who could check their local files for the chats record?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Sidmouth_Mike
New Contributor

Thank you for that idea. And yes I have found someone who has a copy of the log. I hadn't realised that the log went to ther participants. Many thanks.