cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jrhall21
New Contributor

Closed Captioning for GoTo

When does GoTo expect to integrate Closed Captioning into its system? I understand that 3rd party platforms are available, however that only serves to make participating more difficult for the hearing impaired. As my office, and others like it are pressed to have their meetings accessible to all, customers will be forced to choose the providers that are willing to do so. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GoToMathias
GoTo Contributor

Re: Closed Captioning for GoTo

Hi @dhartman and others,

we are actively looking into Closed Captioning (for live sessions) for GoToMeeting (and others) currently. There are already internal alpha versions of this feature and we are evaluating quality parameters etc.. 

While there is no definite plan with set dates yet, we might see some customer testing at the mid/end of Q1 2024.

Regards,

Mathias

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Jrhall21, welcome to the community.

We currently do not have an ETA that we can share on this.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
mapelocal0601

I have users that attend regular monthly meetings and require interpreter services. Due to recent issues with on-screen viewing, they've requested closed captioning as an alternative option. I found this as the latest response to the Closed Captioning request and wanted to get an update as to when Closed Captioning might be available within your software. It's been about a year since your last update and I would like to see how much closer you are to implementing Close Captioning into your software. This would be VERY useful for my specific users.

Do you have an update for when this might be implemented?

dhartman

We need to be able to offer this option as well. When is Go To Meeting going to become more accessible for the deaf and hard of hearing? Closed captioning is critical and should be offered within the platform. 

GoToMathias
GoTo Contributor

Hi @dhartman and others,

we are actively looking into Closed Captioning (for live sessions) for GoToMeeting (and others) currently. There are already internal alpha versions of this feature and we are evaluating quality parameters etc.. 

While there is no definite plan with set dates yet, we might see some customer testing at the mid/end of Q1 2024.

Regards,

Mathias