cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ian smith

Create Meeting on Behalf of colleague

Is there a possibility to be designated as a delegate and create meetings on behalf of a colleague?
4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Create Meeting on Behalf of colleague

Hi Ian,
I think what you may be interested in is the 'Co-Organizer' feature.  If you are a member of a multi-user account, then you can easily schedule for others in the same group by making them Co-Organizers of the meetings you create yourself.

Reference: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-do-i-add-co-organizers-before-the-meeting 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
pjhhvh
New Contributor

The co-organizer function does not fully support the stated use cases. The problem with one user scheduling meetings that others can start is that the user scheduling the meetings is the organizer which prevents the two meetings running concurrently. And the co-organizer does not have the ability to modify or delete the meeting as needed. The suggested option provided by support when I called was to re-assign the organizer "after" starting the meeting which is too late and klunky. I get that GoTo tried to meet the needs of scheduling for others with the Co-Organizer option, but it falls short of truely meeting the need. The other option suggestion was sharing my GoTo credentials with the person scheduling for us. That fell into the are kidding me category. Or getting another license and sharing the creds for that license which also made no sense as it would require the person setting up the meeting to sign in and out to set up, modify and delete meetings.

I just demo'd the co-organizer option and it appears that the co-organizer becomes the organizer if they start the meeting. This solves the two meetings at the same time issue, but the feature itself needs better explanation and development. It appears organizer management and transfer of same needs some improvements based on other posts so I won't belabor it here.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @pjhhvh, welcome to the community.

The intent behind the co-organizer feature is to allow someone else in your organization to start and run the meeting if the original meeting organizer is unable to for some reason. What you are looking for is a scheduling assistant.

If you have an assistant running your calendar and scheduling meetings for you, but you would prefer not to give them access to your GoToMeeting account you could create some meeting rooms that your assistant could use. These personalized meeting rooms can have specific names and are great for recurring meetings. One-off meetings could be held using your main personalized meeting room.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
pjhhvh
New Contributor

My understanding with meeting rooms is that they can be accessed any time by anyone who has received an invite to the room. If my understanding is incorrect please let me know. I would only want the room to be accessed by the current invitee vs. anyone who has access. Does that make sense. All of our meetings are one off so it sounds like you solution isn't one for our use case.

It would appear the current behavior meets my needs (+/-). If I have someone create meetings for another and make them a co-organizer then that person becomes the organizer they start the meeting. Ideally they would have organizer privilege's before starting the meeting, but I think we can live with that for now.