cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VRLDO
Contributor

Does the GoToMeeting software app still exist or should we use the web-based version?

I know that transitions have been going on for months and months now, but I am receiving a new computer next week and my IT guy reports that the link he used to use to download the desktop software no longer works. Does the desktop software still exist, or is LogMeIn nudging people to use the web-based version only? I know at one time that you could only set up a GoToMeeting from the desktop app. That's how I've been operating for a few years now, setting up GoToMeetings through the desktop app, and GoToTrainings and GoToWebinars through the website.

Any info is appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Does the GoToMeeting software app still exist or should we use the web-based version?

Hi @VRLDO 

I'm unclear where you were downloading GoToMeeting previously, but you can always find the link to download again within your online account, or through the support site here: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/download-gotomeeting-now 

We are slowly transitioning customers to the new GoTo app (also desktop), and will continue to offer Attendees the ability to use the web or desktop interface as they choose. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Does the GoToMeeting software app still exist or should we use the web-based version?

Hi @VRLDO 

I'm unclear where you were downloading GoToMeeting previously, but you can always find the link to download again within your online account, or through the support site here: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/download-gotomeeting-now 

We are slowly transitioning customers to the new GoTo app (also desktop), and will continue to offer Attendees the ability to use the web or desktop interface as they choose. 

Simons
New Contributor

Looks like  GoTo changed the web version. Users giving feedback that it's a bit buggy. 

Wouldn't be a problem, if you chould choose before preferred (application or web).

Why do you need to join a meeting first in the web version, before you can go to the  desktop application in the menu in the meeting? So you end up joining a meeting twice. 

Workaround is to put #s behind the invitation link "to force" the participants to use the desktop app. 

Pls fix 🙂

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @Simons 

We did recently offer attendees to choose between desktop and web versions, but once chosen it should automatically launch your preferred method.  Can you tell us which web browser version is causing this behavior, and the operating system in use? 

Simons
New Contributor

We are using Chrome in v 100.0.4896.127 (64-Bit) Windows 10 21H2

I got the info from diffrent users in our company. Yesterday I was able to recreate the issue.

I don't remember making a selection. Funnily enough, this morning I was given this selection again, without my intervention, without cleaning up the browser or anything.

What I don't quite understand:
Now the user has decided to save the selection of the web version. From then on he still gets a selection with two buttons in the browser, so he doesn't get directly to the web version:
1. join meeting
2. continue in this browser

Both buttons have the same function and redirect to the same page. Wouldn't a selection make sense here?

A lot of thanks to you AshC for the help here in the GoTo community!

VRLDO
Contributor

@AshC - finally getting back to you on this, wanted to see how my new computer worked out. Yes, when I launched GoTo it automatically installed the desktop software for all three (Meeting, Training, and Webinar), so I'm good. I'll be honest, not looking forward to the new GoToTraining interface week after next (what we primarily use). We are going to do some testing in the morning after we get this week's webinars out of the way.

Thanks as always for the help! 🙂