cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BBURZYCKI1
Active Contributor

Elgato Facecam does not work on gotomeeting but works on everything else

It appears the Elgato Facecam does not work on gotomeeting but works on everything else. Gotomeeting will not recognize the Camera Hub software as a valid virtual camera source.

If this a known issue or is anyone have luck using this camera as a source.

It does work on all other meetings softwares as far as I have tried so far. Zoom - google - Teams etc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Elgato FaceCam

Thank you. 

@bkaz The permissions comment from the support agent was most about joining from a web browser, you have to grant us permission in the browser before we can access the camera.

Traditionally, GoToMeeting has supported anything the operating system identifies as a webcam. Some more sophisticated cameras and video interfaces were not detected, others have needed to lower the resolution/frame rate to that of a standard webcam in order to work. I have let our team know about the issues you are having using the Elgato FaceCam, although I do not know when we will have access to one for testing.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Elgato Facecam does not work on gotomeeting but works on everything else

@BBURZYCKI1  Can you please confirm the affected GoToMeeting version in use? 

What are the operating system version and PC model being utilized? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
BBURZYCKI1
Active Contributor

10.17.0 Build 19796

Operating System is both Win10 and Win11 - Did not work on either

PC is an Dell / Alienware - Not sure the specific model as I am not with it currently But I think 32gb of RAM and all the latest drivers it can have.

BBURZYCKI1
Active Contributor

In talking with Elgato Support this issue seems to be on the gotomeeting side per their engineering team. Is it possible to see if these might be able to be corrected and get gotomeeting to be compatible with the Elgato facecam?

bkaz
New Contributor

Elgato FaceCam

We just upgraded everyone to new Elgato FaceCams (rated as one of the most popular/best cameras out there). Unfortunately these cameras work with everything except GotoMeeting / GotoWebinar. It looks like this issue was identified last year but still has not been addressed. Anyone have any fixes for this?  Looks like we have to switch to Zoom in the meantime.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi, 

It looks like the Elgato FaceCam has a lot of configuration options, could you try adjusting its settings to something like1280x720 @ 30fps?

bkaz
New Contributor

Adjusting the resolution doesn't fix it. I talked to tech support and they said it is a permission issue and I need to talk to my tech support. No one know what they are referring to, especially since the camera works fine in every other application.

BBURZYCKI1
Active Contributor

I have never got mine to work with gotomeeting. It feels like the software just does not see the camera. Yet it works in all other applications I have tried it with.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you. 

@bkaz The permissions comment from the support agent was most about joining from a web browser, you have to grant us permission in the browser before we can access the camera.

Traditionally, GoToMeeting has supported anything the operating system identifies as a webcam. Some more sophisticated cameras and video interfaces were not detected, others have needed to lower the resolution/frame rate to that of a standard webcam in order to work. I have let our team know about the issues you are having using the Elgato FaceCam, although I do not know when we will have access to one for testing.

Alfonso2

Hi Glenn, 

before we bought our webcams we looked on your website to inform us about which webcams are not supported (see on your website webcamNOTsupported ).

But the Elgato Facecam does not work with GoTo Meeting. So we found your post. You wrote on 06-02-2022 07:49 PM "I have let our team know about the issues you are having using the Elgato FaceCam, although I do not know when we will have access to one for testing."

So my question is, why is the Elgato Facecam still not working with GoTo Meeting and why it´s not found on the list of webcams which are not supported?

Your post is from 2022 and I think it´s more than enough time to fix the problem or at least to add the Elgato Facecam to the list of the webcams which are not supported.