cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ernie_G
New Contributor

Expired recording links?

I am trying to share my GoToMeeting recording links with colleagues, but it always takes them to a login page for GoToMeeting. Do you need a GoToMeeting account login to access recordings shared by other people?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Is there a way to share my GoToMeeting recordings?

I apologize for any confusion there, Ernie.  The current limits for GoToMeeting Cloud Recording storage are:

• 1 year maximum storage time
  • 7 day default expiration time (if not extended manually beforehand)

Support documentation: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/does-my-meeting-recording-link-expire

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Qopuwu

After sharing cloud video record, it automatically not shared a few weeks later.

Click share buttonClick share buttonCannot signinCannot signin

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @Ernie_G ,

You don't need an account to watch GoTo recordings --- just be certain that you have turned on the sharing switch when you've clicked the SHARE button in your Meeting History.

Reference guide:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/does-my-meeting-recording-link-expire

Ernie_G
New Contributor

I figured out what the issue was. The recordings had expired and that's why it was prompting a login.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: After sharing cloud video record, it automatically not shared a few weeks later.

Hi @Qopuwu ,

I'm sorry for any confusion there!

Once you share a recording, and extend it to the desired expiration date, GoToMeeting recordings should not go 'offline' again randomly.  Is this happening with all of your recorded meetings, or just some? 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I apologize for any confusion there, Ernie.  The current limits for GoToMeeting Cloud Recording storage are:

• 1 year maximum storage time
  • 7 day default expiration time (if not extended manually beforehand)

Support documentation: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/does-my-meeting-recording-link-expire

CalynG
Active Contributor

Change/Disable recording link expiration

I'm assuming that at some point within the last couple months, a change was made that limits all future recordings to only share by default for 7 days, after which the user will have to reactivate sharing or manually set a longer expiration date for each recording they share. I'm not sure if this change was announced or if there was a notification anywhere about it, but my team had not been aware of it until recently, when I had noticed that recent recording links were suddenly breaking and users were needing to reshare their recordings in order to allow other users to access them. I have two questions regarding this feature:

-Is there a way to disable the automatic link expiration? Having the option to set a default expiration date is a good security feature, but for our usecase, we would prefer a method to opt-out if at all possible, since we rely on having long-term access to recordings among our team for several weeks and occasionally months at a time. Older recordings that were shared prior to the change (I have one as late as December 10, 2019) currently do not have an expiration date (see the screenshot below), so I know not having an expiration date set is supportable, but I was unable to find a way to disable the expiration date, either from a user-perspective or from the Admin center.

-If it is not possible to disable the expiration date, is it possible to change the default date of expiration? We would like to be able to have it so that instead of expiring 7 days from the time it is shared, it can expire 30 or 60 days from the time it is shared. This would be a great compromise solution, as it would still provide added security without disrupting the current workflow.

Thanks in advance.

Sharing.png

ensignpeak

Problem accessing recordings

I use GoToMeeting for my online school.

Recently many students have been contacting me to say that they cannot open the recordings from the link that I provide to them.

They get an error screen.

I called customer support and found out that a recent upgrade integrated a default protocol that caused recordings to not be available after 7 days. They showed me how to change the settings so that recordings could be available up to 1 year.

It is time consuming and tedious to do this with every recording. We produce 12-16 recordings per week. I really wish there was a global setting on an account that allows users to set all meeting recordings to be available for a year so we don't have to do that with each one. 

I also wish there was a setting for each meeting, when you create the meeting, to set all setting for that particular meeting to be available for a specific time.

Also, it is tedious to change the date because you have to click through all 12 months before you get to the month you want. I wish you could just type in the date you want. That would be much faster.

Also, I use 4 different licenses, so somehow, that is causing a problem with GoToMeeting showing the recoring information. It gave me an error message when I tried to view the recordings, after switching licenses. I called customer support. They had me sign out, sign in, delete cache and cookies, do updates and restart my computer. This all took lots of time. Then it worked! But when I change to a different license, the same problem occurred, less than an hour later. This was frustrating. So I called customer support again. I got a different guy. He showed me how to click "sign in" after clicking the orange button to "open recording" which took my right to the recording and then I could change the settings. It would be good for you to train your customer support people better, so they wouldn't waste the users time with all that stuff I did before - it was such a quick click solution.

Call me an unsatisfied customer today.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Change/Disable recording link expiration

Hi @CalynG ,

You are correct in that we recently changed the way Cloud Recordings operate, with the default behavior to expire the recording link after 7 days for several security reasons.

The idea to create different defaults for Content Sharing is an idea that is being discussed elsewhere in the Community, and my be considered for development in the future.

PeaceLutheran
Active Contributor

Re: Change/Disable recording link expiration

We cannot change the default expiry time. The change button is greyed out. We're a paid account.