cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarolJenkins
New Contributor

GoToMeeting Outlook integartion

Greeting GotoMeeting Participants,

I have recently confirmed with one of your support staff that GotoMeeting no longer supports integrations outside of Microsoft 365. I kindly request that this feature be reinstated, as all of our users utilize Office 2021 LTSC. Currently, they must schedule meetings through the Goto Online Portal, which is not ideal as they cannot view the meetings in their Outlook Calendars. As a temporary solution, I have asked them to copy the invitation details and create a new meeting request within Outlook, but this adds extra steps compared to the ease of use offered by the Outlook Plugin.

I kindly request that this feature be added to future updates. This would greatly improve the satisfaction of our users. Thank you.

Carol

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: GoToMeeting Outlook integartion

Hi @CarolJenkins, welcome to the community.

Over the years there have been a few different GoToMeeting Outlook integrations, each of them designed to work within Microsofts changing environment and requirements. Based on changes (over the last few years), and usage, we have decided we will no longer update the old GoToMeeting Outlook Plug-in. The plug-in had too many technical dependencies and more often than not Microsoft updates would break it. 

The GoToMeeting Outlook Plug-in is currently still available to download and install from our support page and appears to work 2/14/23

Moving forward, we offer these options for GoToMeeting and Outlook:

• Schedule using the new GoTo for Outlook Integration. If you have Outlook 2019 or newer installed you can use this integration with an existing Microsoft Account or you can create one for free. This integration also replaces the older GoTo Meeting Office 365 add-in.
  • If you are still using Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016, schedule your meeting in the GoTo App and then add it to your Calendar.  This will open the desktop calendar on your computer, from there you can add your attendees, review their availability and then send the meeting invite.  GlennD_0-1675720866267.png

The new GoTo for Outlook integration does not require an Office 365 subscription, just a Microsoft account which you can create for free.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @CarolJenkins, welcome to the community.

Over the years there have been a few different GoToMeeting Outlook integrations, each of them designed to work within Microsofts changing environment and requirements. Based on changes (over the last few years), and usage, we have decided we will no longer update the old GoToMeeting Outlook Plug-in. The plug-in had too many technical dependencies and more often than not Microsoft updates would break it. 

The GoToMeeting Outlook Plug-in is currently still available to download and install from our support page and appears to work 2/14/23

Moving forward, we offer these options for GoToMeeting and Outlook:

• Schedule using the new GoTo for Outlook Integration. If you have Outlook 2019 or newer installed you can use this integration with an existing Microsoft Account or you can create one for free. This integration also replaces the older GoTo Meeting Office 365 add-in.
  • If you are still using Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016, schedule your meeting in the GoTo App and then add it to your Calendar.  This will open the desktop calendar on your computer, from there you can add your attendees, review their availability and then send the meeting invite.  GlennD_0-1675720866267.png

The new GoTo for Outlook integration does not require an Office 365 subscription, just a Microsoft account which you can create for free.

briandd57

How do I remove gotomeeting from Office 365 Outlook calendar.  Every time I select Teams to create a meeting, GOTO pops up requesting user login.  I DON'T WANT TO USE GOTOMEETING.  I want to use Teams.  Its seems impossible to find any method to remove GOTO from my computer.  It's not even installed as a program to remove in Windows 11.  It's not in the Add-in List, and not running as a Service.  Please help me remove this product from my computer!

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @briandd57, welcome to the community.

If you previously enabled the Office 365 Outlook integration and no longer need it, you can disable it by:

• Opening the GoTo App
  • Clicking on your profile in the upper right corner
  • Clicking on Settings
  • Clicking on Calendar
  • Clicking on Disconnect