cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iversonshanna
New Contributor

GoToMeeting ScreenShare in Chrome in MacOS

End Users cannot share their entire desktop when using GoTo Meeting In Google Chrome. Users can use the GoTo App, but for convenience they sometimes need to use Chrome. We have allowed Chrome access in Security and Privacy, Screen Recording. Still does not work. Only Tabs in Chrome can be shared. 

Is this a GoTo issue, Google Chrome Issue, or Mac OS issue. 

Running MacOS 12.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: GoToMeeting ScreenShare in Chrome in MacOS

Hi @iversonshanna,

I would recommend having the Mac user call or toll-free and working with one of our representatives, they can connect and see what is happening as well as hold a test meeting. Both of my Macs are running the latest MacOS 12.5 and I am able to share my entire screen so I am sure we can figure out a solution.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @iversonshanna, welcome to the community.

It is possible to share the entire screen when you are attending through the browser, but unfortunately, the Mac Security and Privacy settings can complicate the process the first time.

• The first time you try to share your screen through the web app your Mac should prompt you to give Chrome permission (unless it has already been granted).
  • Once you grant Chrome permission your Mac will ask you to restart Chrome. Unfortunately, this means you exit the meeting and have to rejoin once Chrome starts again.
  • Once you rejoin your meeting in the web app you should be able to share your entire screen from then on.

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 12.19.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-19 at 12.20.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-19 at 12.32.23 PM.png

iversonshanna
New Contributor

Thank you Glenn D for the reply. Unfortunately we have tried this many times and still you cannot share your entire desktop, only a Chrome Tab. The only way around this is to use the GoTo app. 

We have also reset all settings in Chrome, cleared browsing data etc. to try and resolve to no avail. 

Thank you. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @iversonshanna,

I would recommend having the Mac user call or toll-free and working with one of our representatives, they can connect and see what is happening as well as hold a test meeting. Both of my Macs are running the latest MacOS 12.5 and I am able to share my entire screen so I am sure we can figure out a solution.