cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

GoToMeeting Windows Store app will not detect Outlook, unable to share invite

In Windows 10 Pro, I am finding when I use the GoToMeeting Windows Store App (NOT the desktop application), when attempting to invite an attendee, Windows prompts for an application to 'share' with. It seems to only detect Mail and OneNote.

It should detect my default mail client, that being Outlook 2016, x86.

The version of Outlook does not come from Click-to-Run and was installed via MSI in Office 365 portal. It's the 32bit version, and all other applications recognize it as the default mail client in the OS. 

I tried a few steps to resolve this, including repairing Office, re-installing Office, and from a completely different machine, but the same behavior occurs. It seems to me the Windows Store app cannot probably detect native desktop applications.

I will try to add a screenshot:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting Windows Store app will not detect Outlook, unable to share invite

Hi there,

Due to the unique nature of the Windows 10 app from the Windows store, at this time only compatible apps also installed from the Windows Store will come up as options for sharing the invite.

I tried this on my own Windows 10 machine and received 'share' options for Twitter, OneNote, Mail, Facebook, and Messaging.  All of those are apps that I installed through the Windows store.

If you want to send invites from Outlook, it is recommended that you use the desktop application with its Outlook integration at this time.

Thanks,
Adrian

1 REPLY 1
Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting Windows Store app will not detect Outlook, unable to share invite

Hi there,

Due to the unique nature of the Windows 10 app from the Windows store, at this time only compatible apps also installed from the Windows Store will come up as options for sharing the invite.

I tried this on my own Windows 10 machine and received 'share' options for Twitter, OneNote, Mail, Facebook, and Messaging.  All of those are apps that I installed through the Windows store.

If you want to send invites from Outlook, it is recommended that you use the desktop application with its Outlook integration at this time.

Thanks,
Adrian