cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VKY
New Contributor

GoToMeeting mute attendees by default when they join

Hello, 

I'd like to confirm whether or not it's possible to have GoToMeeting attendees always join muted by default? Is there an organizer setting for that?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting mute attendees by default when they join

@VKY   I'm afraid there isn't a built-in setting for this with GoToMeeting (like there is with GoToWebinar), however, you can try this method by telephone:  

1. Start the meeting early
  2. Dial into the integrated audio by telephone, and confirm your Organizer PIN
  3. Press *5 on your phone keypad to toggle listening modes until you reach 'Hard Mute'

This should keep the crowd silent, though Co-Organizers can always unmute themselves (if you invited any to join). 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting mute attendees by default when they join

@VKY   I'm afraid there isn't a built-in setting for this with GoToMeeting (like there is with GoToWebinar), however, you can try this method by telephone:  

1. Start the meeting early
  2. Dial into the integrated audio by telephone, and confirm your Organizer PIN
  3. Press *5 on your phone keypad to toggle listening modes until you reach 'Hard Mute'

This should keep the crowd silent, though Co-Organizers can always unmute themselves (if you invited any to join). 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!