cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BBURZYCKI1
Active Contributor

Have we lost the plugin for Outlook in the new version?

Have we lost the plugin for Outlook in the new version so we can schedule meetings inside of Outlook 365?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Have we lost the plugin for Outlook in the new version?

@BBURZYCKI1

The GoToMeeting Outlook plugin will be discontinued in April 2022. We encourage you to switch to the GoTo for Outlook integration.

Here's the updated guide:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-do-i-install-the-gotomeeting-outlook-plugin-windows

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@BBURZYCKI1

The GoToMeeting Outlook plugin will be discontinued in April 2022. We encourage you to switch to the GoTo for Outlook integration.

Here's the updated guide:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-do-i-install-the-gotomeeting-outlook-plugin-windows

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
BBURZYCKI1
Active Contributor

We already moved - I was asking about the plugin in the new version as there is no installed plugin as far as I can tell.

dhw
Active Contributor

Hi:

Is your outlook connect to an exchange system on premise or in the cloud?  If not GoTo is no longer supporting Outlook for any other configuration except for Exchange.  Connections to POP/IMAP and others will no longer be able to use Outlook to integrate with GoTo.

BBURZYCKI1
Active Contributor

no we are not on exchange - So it seems we have lost a very easy to use meeting creation tool.

Since using the one we have now in the new version meetings cannot be sent easily from outlook - passwords cannot be assigned ahead of time and need to be set in the email then when the meeting is started it has to be remembered and input exactly or nobody has easy access to the meeting from one location.

It has not be a very good user experience for my users overall.

RogerG

It appears that the  Teams plugin takes over if it is enabled. Try disabling Teams in the Com add-ins dialog and the GoTo plug will reappear. Not very convenient if you use both.