cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonaldB
New Contributor

How to change the desktop app an invite opens with on windows 11

Apologies if this has already been asked I looked for a similar post but could not find it. When you load up go to meeting on the desktop for the first time and create a meeting when you hit the calendar icon and then click on My Desktop Calendar. It gives you a list of possible email applications to open it up with.   All great. However in my case I had two Outlooks listed and I accidentally clicked on the wrong one. Now it always ties to open the wrong one and doesn't ask any more!

Now I want to reset it to ask me again so I can pick the right one and I'm not sure how to do this. I tried changing my default apps in windows. I also tried uninstalling go to meeting and reinstall it again. Neither seems to give me the option to choose again. Does anyone know how to change it. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

DonaldB_0-1712673613076.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: How to change the desktop app an invite opens with on windows 11

Hi @DonaldB Welcome to the GoTo Community. Let's see if we can figure this out. 

Can you tell me the steps you took when trying to change it in your Default apps in your Window settings?  The way the GoTo App works is by telling Windows it has a calendar event and whatever is the default app in Windows is opened, so that should be where it can be updated. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @DonaldB Welcome to the GoTo Community. Let's see if we can figure this out. 

Can you tell me the steps you took when trying to change it in your Default apps in your Window settings?  The way the GoTo App works is by telling Windows it has a calendar event and whatever is the default app in Windows is opened, so that should be where it can be updated. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
DonaldB
New Contributor

Thank you. I had changed the default mail apps but i had not changed the default calendar application. I changed that and now it works. Much appreciated.