cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
graham_farr
New Contributor

Installing GoTo Add-In on Outlook 2016

I am attempting to get the GoTo add-in onto the desktop versions of Outlook 2016, this is both a company issue but I cannot even get it working on my own machine. The OS is Windows 10 Enterprise. It is all up to date as of Jan 10, 2022.

If I go to my Outlook, and go to the 'Add-Ins' section, I click Store and search for "GoTo", it simply does not show up. It does not appear in any search results.

graham_farr_0-1641840602382.png

I have also installed it on our Microsoft 365 Admin center, since I have had multiple people asking for it, and the normal exe file we used to use for user's to add it manually seems to have stopped working. Here is how it looks in Microsoft 265, it shows 'assign users', everyone, fixed. But nobody is able to see it. One issue I noticed here is that, our usernames and email addresses are not the same. So my email for example would be lastname-firstname@domain, but the username is just firstname. So if I go here and say "Specific Users" instead of Everyone, I don't see what SHOULD be our email addresses, instead I see usernames followed by the domains. So I don't know if that's a problem as well. 

graham_farr_1-1641840685662.png

And as a third option for an attempted install, I go to Outlook, Info, Manage Add-Ins. That takes me to the options for my Outlook online. I see the following. If I click the plus, and then Add from the Office Store, I can see GoTo for Outlook. I click 'get it Now', give permission, hit continue. It says "Taking you to Microsoft 365 to complete this process", and takes me back to my second image, no change is made. 

graham_farr_2-1641840907735.png

So no matter what it seems I do, I cannot get the add-in to appear. We used to just download an exe, run it, and the add-in would appear, so honestly the fact they're phasing that out is very frustrating, especially since I can't even seem to find that file anymore. Any direct link to the add-in exe would be appreciated as a stop gap for users who need the integration.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Installing GoTo Add-In on Outlook 2016

@BrainStomp

The legacy Office 365 Add-In and Outlook plugin will be discontinued in April 2022.  It may continue to work, but we won't be updating the code, so things may breakdown over time.  More info can be found here:  

https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/gotomeeting-for-microsoft-outlook-g2m010020

@JConn1980  Can you specifically try these steps to add the desktop  plugin? 

1. From Microsoft Outlook, select Microsoft Outlook Add-Ins Icon or Get add-ins from the toolbar in the home tab.
  2. Search for GoTo for Outlook then select Add.
  3. When prompted with the privacy policy, select Continue.
  4. Select GoTo Integration from the toolbar in the home tab then log in with your GoToMeeting credentials.
  5. Select your extension and language.
  6. Select Link with Office365 and link your account from the integrations dashboard.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @graham_farr 

Some GoToMeeting Outlook integrations are being retired soon.  Can you try using the new GoTo app there instead? 

https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-do-i-integrate-with-microsoft-outlook 

graham_farr
New Contributor

That looks to be the app integration for Outlook I've tried to integrate, but it is not succeeding for me.

JConn1980
Active Contributor

I'm having somewhat similar problems. I can see the GoTo for Outlook add-in in the store and looks like I can install it. However, after closing the store the add-in does not appear on the toolbar.  Re-opening the store and searching for the add-in shows that it is not installed.

I have users receiving messages constantly that the GoToMeeting Outlook Plug-in will no longer work soon and to switch to the GoTo for Outlook add-in.  But the new add-in doesn't work.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@JConn1980  Can you try the download / install method from our support site? 

https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-do-i-install-the-gotomeeting-outlook-plugin-windows

JConn1980
Active Contributor

The link you're referring me to is for the GotoMeeting Plug-in for Outlook 2016.  My users are receiving alerts that this plug-in won't be getting any more updates and to download the new version which is the Goto Add-in.  This Add-in is not installed like the Plug-in with an executable file.  It can only be installed through the Microsoft Store.

Whenever I try to install the Goto Add-in, the store shows that it's installed, but the icon never shows in the toolbar.  If I search for the add-in again, it has the install button as if it had never been installed. 

Does the Goto add-in work with Outlook 2016?  If so why is it not installing?

JConn1980
Active Contributor

My users are now receiving direct emails about using the new Goto add-in.

Can someone please address the issue of installing the Goto add-in on Outlook 2016?

BrainStomp

Ash,

Is the new GoTo for Outlook Integration add-in only for Microsoft 365?   

Thanks,

Pam

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@BrainStomp

The legacy Office 365 Add-In and Outlook plugin will be discontinued in April 2022.  It may continue to work, but we won't be updating the code, so things may breakdown over time.  More info can be found here:  

https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/gotomeeting-for-microsoft-outlook-g2m010020

@JConn1980  Can you specifically try these steps to add the desktop  plugin? 

1. From Microsoft Outlook, select Microsoft Outlook Add-Ins Icon or Get add-ins from the toolbar in the home tab.
  2. Search for GoTo for Outlook then select Add.
  3. When prompted with the privacy policy, select Continue.
  4. Select GoTo Integration from the toolbar in the home tab then log in with your GoToMeeting credentials.
  5. Select your extension and language.
  6. Select Link with Office365 and link your account from the integrations dashboard.

Winelover
New Contributor

Is there a way to get the add-in when your Get Add-ins button is greyed out even though the Trust Center settings are correct?  Single user not on a domain - got Office through my MSDN license.