cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btn
Active Contributor

Is it possible to enable Call Me when starting a meeting from my Personal Meeting Room link?

I think I finally figured out why Call Me hasn't been appearing as an option for some of our meeting organizers… If an organizer starts a meeting from their Personal Meeting Room link (GoToMeet.me) by choosing the "Join My Meeting" button, the Call Me feature isn't available to them. However, if an organizer starts a meeting from their GoToMeeting Hub (via the "Meet Now" or "Start" button), or uses a GoToMeeting link with a specific meeting ID then the Call Me feature appears.

Is this expected behavior? If so, it would be great if the Personal Meeting Room link could also make the Call Me feature available to an organizer because Personal Meeting Rooom links are easy to remember and share.

Thanks!

-Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Is it possible to enable Call Me when starting a meeting from my Personal Meeting Room link?

Hi Brian,

Your personal meeting room also has it's own set of audio preferences.  It may be that you have not included it there as a toll-free calling option. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Is it possible to enable Call Me when starting a meeting from my Personal Meeting Room link?

Hi Brian,

Your personal meeting room also has it's own set of audio preferences.  It may be that you have not included it there as a toll-free calling option. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
btn
Active Contributor

Eureka! Is there a way to enable Call Me for the personal meeting rooms of all users, as an administrator? Thanks!

-Brian

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @btn 

In the admin center, you can enable or disable the Call Me option for your organizers, but they need to enable it for their own meetings in the same way you have.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
btn
Active Contributor

Hi, I'm checking if there's now a way to let admins force adding the Call Me feature to meetings for all users. We still have a handful of users who haven't enabled it for their Personal Meeting Room. As maddening as it is that this is still the case after 3 years, it's also still frustrating that GoTo doesn't seem to have a feature to let admins simply fix this situation. Thanks!

-Brian

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @btn, Call Me is a feature Admins can enable or disable for your users, but there is no option to force them to use it. That level of control for an Admin is typically reserved for Security features.

Since you know who the Organizers on your account are, surely your company management could instruct them to take 1 minute to enable it?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
btn
Active Contributor

Since you know who the Organizers on your account are, surely your company management could instruct them to take 1 minute to enable it?

I think this is the incorrect assumption made by the product management for GoTo. 😅

Thanks.

-Brian